Kelly Clarkson on the cover of Elle

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
To compensate for the fact that her new album, My December, sucks hardcore - it's leaked online and we've heard the whole shiteous thing, Kelly Clarkson is about to embark on a summer tour and a massive media push.

The former Idol winner is on the cover of the new issue of Elle, and we have a sneak peek at her interview with the mag.

On battling with record industry executives over the release of My December:

"I've sold more than 15 million records worldwide, and still nobody listens to what I have to say. Because I'm 25 and a woman...My resistance upsets a lot of people, because we could make a lot of money. And I'm not hatin' on money. But you know in Funny Girl, when they make Barbara Streisand sing the 'beautiful girl' song, and she is singing these lyrics and she knows she's not that person? I'm just not comfortable doing things that don't feel like me."

On declining an offer of $10 million by Clive Davis to ditch five of her songs for more radio-friendly picks of his choosing:

"I am a good singer, so I can't possibly be a good writer. Women can't possibly be good at two things. I haven't lost my temper about it. It only drives me more. If your thing is to bring me down, cool. I'll just work harder."

On being famous:

"I could give a crap about being a star. I've always just wanted to sing and write."

On unflattering paparazzi shots:

"I'm fine with it. I just don't care. I don't wear makeup in public. I don't worry about what I'm wearing. Hell, I wore pajamas in high school."

On being ambivalent about her success:

"It is weird when a 12-year-old tells me I am their favorite artist. I'm always like, It's just because you're young and you haven't heard everybody yet. In time, I'll be weeded out. And that's cool. I know I'm a good singer, but I know who I am, too."

On not wanting children:

"My point of view is that I shouldn't be a mother at all, because I'd be horrible. I'm not willing to be that selfless."

On marriage:

"I'm not keen on marriage. I don't let many people in. Men come and go. Friends are what I care about."

On her 'type':

"I can't stand pretty boys. The guys I date are the just-rolled-out-of-bed, scruffy type. Baseball cap, flannel shirt. Like Luke on Gilmore Girls."

On never having been in love:

"I know people probably think I've been heartbroken, because of the stuff I've sung and written. I love my friends and family. But I have never said the words 'I love you' to anyone in a romantic relationship. Ever. I am very old-school, conservative in my thinking when it comes to relationships. Love is something you work at. It doesn't come easily. There are going to be bad days. You are going to have to work at loving someone when they are being an idiot. People think they're just going to meet the perfect guy. Don't be ridiculous."

On her bad qualities:

"I tend to be early. I'm not patient. I have no tolerance for stupidity. I work too much. All my conversations revolve around my job. So I'm boring."

On her childhood:

"I had a really big issue with self-consciousness when I was young. I was highly emotional. I worried so much. For most of my childhood I was walking on eggshells trying to make everyone happy."

On refusing to talk about past relationships:

"When it comes to certain parts of my life, I won't allow myself to be vulnerable at all. I have a lot of trust issues. Most people are like that, I think."

I really like her...

...but she seems more negative now. I miss that funny, goofy Kelly.

But yah - good for her I guess :S

Originally Posted by Delphine /img/forum/go_quote.gif That interview sounds weird... I mean it doesn't sound like her at all! I couldn't agree more. She seemed like America's sweetheart.
Babyangel.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I really like her......but she seems more negative now. I miss that funny, goofy Kelly.

Ditto.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I really like her......but she seems more negative now. I miss that funny, goofy Kelly.

Yeah I was surprised at how negative she was being.

Originally Posted by Savvy_lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif Women can't possibly be good at two things....WHAT????

She was being sarcastic

Originally Posted by Delphine /img/forum/go_quote.gif That interview sounds weird... I mean it doesn't sound like her at all! Weird it is. It looks like they did a really bad editing job on that article.

Originally Posted by kaylin_marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah I was surprised at how negative she was being.

She was being sarcastic

oh yea i see that now ~ was too quick o say what i did haha~!

Shes so close-minded and unemotional, Just a cold, cold person. Not a like able person at all in my opinion and if she doesn't start letting people in eventually she is going to be one very lonely, bitter person.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Man was she photoshopped! True!I like the dress she's wearing
smile.gif

that dress is gorgeous and her body is really pretty, but what did they DO to her face?? she looks prettier than that normally, doesnt she??

man I love that dress. I wonder where it's from

"Shiteous" I like that word!

But yeah when she first came out, she was good. But I think she's just got a little big-headed.

Back