Makeup bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a clear thick plastic mac one. its great for seeing what i have or need to add to it.

im afraid i bought it a few years back, maybe someone knows if theyre still avail?

i bought a clear makeup bag in a cheap store, and i also have some from agnès b (lol, bags seem to be the only things the CCB is able to do) .

i dunno, i'd say as long as it's large enough for all your makeup and solid, it's worth the price. you can simply start by using an old pen case.

I use a bag that I got on a plane, the kind they give you with toothpaste and socks etc. It's cute and holds all my makeup. I don't know whether a proper makeup bag would do the job any better!

I personally like my Victoria's Secret makeup bag. It says Very Sexy and it has one compartment for your makeup and another for your brushes, it's relatively small too, so it would fit into a medium size bag with no problem. I love it
biggrin.gif

i buy those cheapie 3 pack clear bags at the drug store. that way when they get dirty looking i toss them and buy more. they cost about $7 for 3 bags. i also get a lot of bags with my gwps, but i like the see through ones.

I have a few... My favorite is small, but great to keep makeup in your purse. It looks like a pair of briefs - really cute, but I got it at Urban Outfitters in 2004. I haven't seen them anywhere lately.

Last year I bought a cute pencil case in the back to school department at Walmart to use as a makeup bag, too.

Originally Posted by BloodMittens /img/forum/go_quote.gif I personally like my Victoria's Secret makeup bag. It says Very Sexy and it has one compartment for your makeup and another for your brushes, it's relatively small too, so it would fit into a medium size bag with no problem. I love it
biggrin.gif
Oooo, this is a tempting one... I might have to go check it out!
smile.gif

it can be simple as a pen bag, huh? who'd ever thought..

well, thanks for all your feedback! it's been helpful to me!

i hope that i can work my way up and learn and experience lots like the rest of you!

Originally Posted by dkcaga /img/forum/go_quote.gif it can be simple as a pen bag, huh? who'd ever thought..well, thanks for all your feedback! it's been helpful to me!

i hope that i can work my way up and learn and experience lots like the rest of you!

Really, it could even be a plastic grocery bag... (not that I'd personally find it helpful...). As long as it fits with your own organization system. I personally hate to dig in one big pocket for things. I like to be able to see everything at a glance, and for it all to relatively have its own spot (i.e. it's not all jumbled in one big pile). But some people hate that, and like to know that whatever they want, it's just in one pocket. Some like see-through, others prefer it the other way.
But that user provided a good tip - don't get hung up on looking for items sold specifically as "makeup bags." Get creative and check out other storage items. Craft stores are a good place to look too.

Happy shopping!
redface.gif

Sometimes if you go to a department store and you buy a certain amount of makeup they will give you an offer if you would like a free gift with your purchase. Usually that deal comes with extra makeup and a makeup bag.

I'm using this one from Caboodles, and the best I've ever had. I can store my brushes laying in the trays, as well as small eyeshadows and loose powder so they can stand upright. On the other side I can store tall bottles like toner, cleanser and moisturizer, or maybe shampoo and conditioner.

i use a bag from the supermarket and i also use another MU bag i broght from target and im useing a tampon bag i got, Like a small wrist bag, and im using a wrist bag i never used. i need a large case but i want to try and finda cheap one, dont wanna spend more then 20 on a bag. I noe im cheap lol

All the stuff I need right at hand is in a nice little pencil case.

Not fancy but it works. The rest of my stash is kept in a black and punk Mary Kay bag.

I use a tokidoki bastardino bag (the brown one)

It's pretty big, and it'd be great for travel.. With my makeup, I could probably fit my clarisonic mia and the skincare stuff I use. If not, I have about a trillion GWP makeup bags.

to actually take with me, I use the myglam feb bag--I just needed something really slim and compact enough to fit in a satchel bag and that one was perfect :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

otherwise all my makeup is stored in random containers and boxes. there's a japanese dollar store near my school (Daiso), and they have the perfect containers to organize all my stuff. Technically they're a $1.50 store :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, I usually get my bags from free gifts. Estee Lauder almost always has free gifts that come with makeup bags. I also got a few from Sephora from their sets. But Target has cute ones that aren't such a pain on the wallet. 

I got this entire set (I might have a slightly different design, I'd have to check) - from Sephora for $20 during a sale. The small little cosmetic case is roomy enough to store all 15+ products I use daily and carry around with me all the time. I definitely suggest getting one of the Harajuku Lovers bags if you're looking for good storage for your essential makeup. It's totally adorable and really really versatile!

Back