Eye Shadows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what do you prefer pressed or loose. and why and which do you think have overall better quality when it comes to consistency and pigment..?

I prefer pressed - less messier.

I have a few loose powders and they give out the same effect, IMO.

A lot prefer loose pigments - because you can use it for anything.

I never tried MAC pigments but heard great reviews on them.

Either way, if the product gives out good pigmentation whether being loose/pressed - then it doesnt matter.

I don't prefer one formula over another. I have a lot of pressed and loose e/s that I love. I tend to have more loose than I do pressed. I definately adore MAC piggies. A lot of girls actually press their pigments and loose eyeshadows for less mess.

I've been using pressed shadows but I just bought all of the NYX pigments from eBay. I'm going to give them a try soon.

I like to use pressed shadows as shadow. I use loose to mix with glosses and also with a liquid that I have to make a liner. I have used them in polish before also.

I like them both. They really have great payoff and consistancy. Plus, it really gives my eyes sparkle.

pressed. it's less messy, and I'm always running late so I tend to knock things over in th am when Im getting ready

i just bought a bunch of loose pigments but it really is messy, especially when it drops onto my cheeks >_< but i think loose pigments are much easier to blend together than pressed powders

The loose ones are supposed to give better colour pay off and usually more intense pigment i think.

i like loose too. just recently discovered them and boy o boy you get soooo much better pigmentation. you dont have to scratch your lid with a brush or sponge applicator. you just tap pigment on and you get lots of shadow right where you want. there is a bit of fallout though, i dont mind
smile.gif

If you're okay with a bit of fall out, I find that the pigments are just far beyond any colour that a pressed powder will give in a single application. It's so easy to get vibrant colours without having to pile on the layers. Plus they are killer for blending. Not as forgiving, though, so unless you feel the need to have very bright makeup, you're probably okay with pressed powders.

I prefer loose but find I waste a fair bit of it because it is a little messy.

I think both have about the same pigmentation and durability, HOWEVER, as others have said, I find the loose ones to be waaaaaaaaaaaay too messy for my liking.

Back