What type of free gift?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've got a quick question. I got a chance to be added to a goodies bag for a big fashion event (yay! I'm super excited:p). Now I'm trying to figure out what to donate.

What kind of free mineral product would you like to get in a goodie bag - a multi-purpose powder? A blush? A finishing powder?

I want to make a good impression on folks and give them something that they'd be happy to get you know.

Any ideas?

thanks!!

Leah

Congratulations on this opportunity!! I think you'd be best going with something that would suit almost everyone. I'd probably go for a multi-purpose powder, or a blush in a neutral shade.

I agree with all the previous suggestions.

Congratulations on your opportunity!

I'd suggest a mineral veil or maybe a small brush & a gift certificate for a jar or a makeover, then they could chose what they would like.

the gift certificate is a good idea. i'd put also like already said, some mineral e/s, blush or multi purpose powder, in a neutral shade.

The gift certificate could be good and bad. Good because it would bring the people to your website, but bad that you would then have to ship everything out. And if there are a lot of gift bags that could get really expensive.

So if the certificate would not work, I would go for something that every skintone could use.

Yeah, I guess it would depend on if the gift certificate holders were local. But MMU is pretty inexpensive to ship , its nice w/ a gift certificate, you would be able to follow up w/ them & give more personalized gift/service & get to interact w/ them a bit more in the follow up.

If you have a retail location, what about a sample of a finishing powder, and a certificate for a free make-over in your shop??

Thanks so much for the great suggestions! I've got a lot to choose from now. I actually just moved from where the event is going to be so I'm not local anymore. The gift certificate is a great idea - hadn't even thought of that - and since a good portion of my clients buy from out of town - it wont be a big deal to ship to new potential clients - specially if I create the offer in the right way...hmmm, tons to think about!

Oh and I love the suggestions for products - a blush, powder, or veil/finishing powder..I will definitely let you all know what I choose.

Right now I'm thinking a blush would be nice because I've found that people really like to choose their eyeshadows. These will be all pretty high fashion forward women but still - I don't want to go too dull or too wow with an eyeshadow choice for them...decisions decisions:p.

And they might not be excited to try the veil soon since it's immediate benefit might not be known unless they are familiar with minerals.

any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

~Leah

I've had great success with gift certificates in goodie bags b/c makeup is so personal. And as you said, said they might not try the veil right away. Or maybe a combo of samples & gift certificate in a cute little organza or cello bag w/ your biz card etc. That way they can see & try the makeup & use the certificate for what they like & you get another follow up w/ your potential new client.

Blush is definitely a good idea
smile.gif

Back