Which do you prefer and why?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking to order yet another eyeliner brush but cannot decide which one to choose. Do you prefer the pointed one or the bent eyeliner one? Thanks for your input.
smile.gif
Here is the link.

Neither. lol. The Detail Mini Chisel Fluff brush is more similar to the liners that I prefer. lol.

Hmm, but are you able to acheive a thin line with the Detail Mini Chisel Fluff brush? I thought that was used for mostly the smokey effect.

I have never used those brushes. But I love my bent one from Smashbox. It goes on so well with that brush. Easier to keep it more even IMO.

If you are planning to tightline (inner rim) I'd get the bent one because you coat the sides of it to apply and it's easy that way. For regular eye lining I prefer the push one because it's just easier for me to get a nice line with that one. If you are using liquid though you'd need to go with the pointy one. HTH!

I'm not sure. I've never used those actual brushes. The brushes I use look similar to the pic of that one, though. And I can get really thin lines with my brushes. But it's kind of hard to tell just from a picture.

I can't use the brushes like the ones you posted. I make a mess. I hate slanted brushes as well.

ETA: Based on the description on the website, it sounds similar to the brushes I use:

Quote:
The Detail Mini Chisel Fluff is hands down the best eyeliner brush for dry-lining! Turn it on it's side for a finer line or use it flat for for a thicker line or for creating the smoky look! Just dip it in to your loose minerals, cake eyeliner or pressed eyeshow and apply to the lash line as close as possible. Great for wet-lining when you want a dramatic look!

I use a thin stiff angled brush that I bought at the body shot. I find that it is easy to do a smokey look, or to do a fine line with this brush.

I like the pointed one better because it's easier for me to apply and makes the line more precise.

I prefer the pointed eyeliner one, because It's really easier to apply with liquid eyeliners and/or eyeshadows

From the product descriptions, they're identical except that one has a bent ferrule, making it easier for you to put your face right up against the mirror without hitting the end of the brush handle against the mirror.

For the same price, I would definitely pick the bent one because it is the more ergonomic version of the straight one. However, if you're game enough and you already own a ponted eyeliner brush, you could bend it at the ferrule with a pair of pliers to get the same effect!
smile.gif

neither ! lol i have a slanted brush (mac 266) and love it. if you want a pointed brush, just go to an art store and buy one (number 00 or 000), it'll be cheaper.

I'm not sure about the brand, but I am in love with my new Smashbox angled eyeliner brush. It makes putting on eyeliner so easy because you can switch your hand positions around and I found that it makes it a lot easier to apply the liner so it comes out looking nicer.

Originally Posted by Bexy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have never used those brushes. But I love my bent one from Smashbox. It goes on so well with that brush. Easier to keep it more even IMO. I have the same one and I love it.It feels like I can do more with it 2.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif neither ! lol i have a slanted brush (mac 266) and love it. if you want a pointed brush, just go to an art store and buy one (number 00 or 000), it'll be cheaper. I use a size 00 artist's liner brush for applying my eyeliner.
smile.gif

Back