Need recs for red lipstick please...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just watched The Devil Wears Prada and loved all of Anne Hathaway's looks, but felt especially inspired by the red lipstick at the end of the movie.

I am very very fair (pink undertones) with dark blonde hair and brown eyes. My lips aren't especially plump. Which lipsticks and liners would you recommend (I read the breakdown of how they did that particular look for the movie--using Benetint and a Dior lippie and I'm not interested in those)? I'm looking for something more matte or creamy as I don't like a lot of shimmer or frost. Note that it does not have to look just like the movie--I am simply looking for a great red lipstick, and the movie inspired me to do so.

Pleeeeeeeease help. I tried the online artist at MAC and they kept suggesting darker, deeper reds with more burgundy in them. Currently the only red lippie I have is Clinique Angel Red, which is a nice color, but the staying power sucks, and it isn't "red" enough.

The best red I know is MAC but it is Russian Red which is a true "blue" red. Looks great on pale skintones.

I think I read somewhere that MAC Russian Red is the famous red l/s that Madonna used to wear.

Believe it or not the Revlon Colorstay lipstick in red, Deeply Chili stays on for hours. It fades into a shimmery reddish pink. But it stays on for hours. Cheap and long lasting.

Back