Help! Zit Emergency

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Okay, so it's 4 days before my friend's wedding day. (I'm one of the bridesmaid.) I have a major zit problem. Popped on my forehead about 5 days ago. I've been trying to spot treat it with Burt's bees blemish stick or something but it still gigantic, red, like Rudolf's nose. I need all your advice on quick remedies on how to get rid of this pimple.

Worse case scenario, I go to the wedding with it-so I'd like tricks on covering pimples so at least it wouldn't show in the pics.

The wedding by the way is gonna be outdoor, so I'll probably be sweating under the sun :[

Appreciate any advise you guys can give and I'm willing to try anything!

Thanks,

Aeyrah

if iv popped a spot for the next few days i put honey on the area to help heal it, then i apply tea tree which helps alot with my spots and the redness.

Hmm. There are some recipes for asprin masks if you do a search on MuT. I haven't tried it, but apparently it's great!

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask! Put some of the mask on the pimple every night before bed. I have used this stuff for years, and it's great. It costs about $4.00 too. It has cleared up many pimples for me in the past.

Here is a link to a thread about it: Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask

Spot treat with a BP cream. That works for me. If that doesn't work, use a good concealer.

try a toothpaste with triclosan. i like cologate. dab a bit on the zit each night before bed. below is some info. since you only have four days i thought this might work quickly. hope it helps.

Triclosan is the substance of choice for Hospital Hygiene, Antibacterial Toothpastes, Anti Acne Treatments and is valuable in many health applications like antibacterial soaps, cleaners or toothpastes. It stays on skin or surfaces after cleaning and therefore provides long-lasting action against germs.

I have found the more topical things you do the worse it looks. Get yourself some REALLY good concealer. I LOVE Laura Mercier Secret Camoflague. It covers everything!!

I am a Bridesmaid soon too. I rarely get pimples, but I am sure I will get one that will forever be immortalized in her Wedding Photos...

I was skeptical of the Shielo Complexion Scrub - because Shielo is known for their hair products, however I am so pleased with its effectiveness.    I rely on other reviewers remarks and so I am writing to tell you that it is definately worth the price. I can't believe how quickly it clears up my face. When I think of all the money I've spent on products over the years - and I'm in my 40s! I only wish the Shielo Complexion Scrub was around when I was a teenager!

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask! Put some of the mask on the pimple every night before bed. I have used this stuff for years, and it's great. It costs about $4.00 too. It has cleared up many pimples for me in the past.

Here is a link to a thread about it: Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask

I use this too, along with C&C persa gel and I wash with Neutrogena Oil free acne wash

Back