My new hair care routine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I read online that this works..so i've been trying it and my hair does feel softer and healthier, but I still get ungodly frizz..poo

I mix honey (heat it so it mixes) a little lemon juice, coconut oil, almond oil and olive oil together and cover my whole head in it. I leave it on overnight which can make a mess..and yes the honey feels sticky but it does wonders!

The reason I posted this though is that the lemon in it has been bringing out these beautiful highlights. I notice a little blonde/light brown coming in and looking beautiful next to my darker brown locks. I've been wanting my hair to return to it's lighter, more blonde color, and the lemon juice seems to be doing that job for me..and it's quite amazing to see. I have the cutest blondeish highlights in my hair right now, very subtle.

My guess is if you don't want to lighten your hair at all, don't use lemon! But lemon is supposed to make it shiny or something, I forget what the purpose serves.

I heard just olive oil/coconut oil (together too) works well..so if you want to skip the lightening/sticky mess, then just use those.

Wow, I might have to try this as a way of resurrecting my highlighted hair!

Cool, I'm glad that it's working for you. As for the lemon, I've seen mixed results. Some people get great beautiful color like mindy, but others have gotten orange or brassy colors that they dont like.

I am using coconut and olive oil overnight before I wash my hair. It has really improved the condition of my dry dead ends. but, I am not sure about mixing honey in it. Doesnt that make you pillows and other beddings all sticky?

Do you think it would work on dyed hair? I mean the lemon... Sounds like a idea to try but I don't know how will I be able to sleep with it.

Thanks! i have coconut and olive oil. Im not trying the lemon because my hair just turns red which is so weird.

How much olive oil and coconut oil can i use? It is 50/50?

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks! i have coconut and olive oil. Im not trying the lemon because my hair just turns red which is so weird.
How much olive oil and coconut oil can i use? It is 50/50?

yep, that's what i do. i also add sunflower oil sometimes (lol, when i'm a crazy mixing oils mood).
i heard smthg like that about lemon but never tried it, when i want highlights i use a henna shampoo, but the highlights are more reddish than blonde.

having the lemon mixed with the honey helps cause the honey creates hydrogen peroxide on the hair shaft and gently lightens it.

i know tomato paste does this too if you wanted to try adding that to the mix.. but htan it may not smell so great

Back