Which MMU brand do you recommend?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have wanted to try MMU for a longtime. For years I have used Lancome and Clinique. I have fair, combination skin. Which brand do you recommend for a first time user? Any suggestions/tips are greatly appreciated!

i use monave. the coverage is great! makes my skin look absolutely flawless. on days that i don't need as much, i use coastal scents. they're great as well!

Aubrey Nicole! It's my HG. I love the coverage, quality and price. Their customer service is great too!

I use the entire line: Rice powder, foundation, finishing power and blush.

You’ve already got very good suggestions. The best way, is to buy some samples from a few of the companies mentioned and get a feel off Mineral Makeup – you’ll soon know what you like.

Yes sampling is a great fun. But be aware, than when you once start sampling it would be difficult to stop.
smile.gif
I'm addicted. I still look for my HG MMU, but I love the companies I order from. I used Elegant Minerals, which have free samples and fast shipping and as right now EM is bes for me.

I also used Meow - but it was only one application and I didn't like it. I felt like I had nothing on my face and the face looks dull. However maybe it was wrong color match, I still have about 15 samples of Meow foundations to try.

I used Aubrey Nicole - and I love their samles, they came in the cute 5 g shifter jars. I like AN, but have trouble with finding color match, their samples in neutral seem to have too much of yellow.

Everyday Minerals have also free samples and they are very generous with samples. They come in small jars without shifters. My first order with EM was total disaster, while I was not able to find a color match. They second order is much better and I'm wearing the EM foundation right now. So it's difficult to tell is I like it.

I still have Signature Minerals, Alima, Ocean Mist and Lilly Loo to try. Probably I have even more companies, while I ordered samples from about 10 companies and still planning about ordering from at least 4.

So sample, sample and once again sample it's fun. I have so many samples that probably I will not order a full size foundation for a year or sth. But I love to change foundations often so I do not mind.

I use Element5 but like they said samples are a great way tofind out what works for you. narrow it down to three companies so you dont get confused

i've been using Everyday Minerals and liked it. until i discovered a perfect match for my skintone from Lumiere. i love Lumiere, but despite their slow shipping rate (ordered on monday and my order just shipped today). i think you should give it a try.
smile.gif

I have a strong feeling that you will get at least 15 different brand recommendations in this thread...
smile.gif
There are dozens of companies out there. Did you try browsing the forums and doing a search for more info?

I think the best way for you to find your best MMU is to get samples and keep trying until you find the perfect match. Good luck!

I've tried the following brands: Everyday Minerals, Pure Luxe (a bit), Ocean Mist, Lumiere, Meow, and MAD

I prefer Everyday and MAD.

It really depends on your skin tone and the sort of coverage you're looking for, too.

Thanks ladies for all of your responses! I didn't know that companies would send you free samples. Just to let you know, I have fair skin with pink undertones, green eyes, and dark brown hair. I will start contacting some of your recommendations for samples. I am so excited!

Back