My hair is so dry!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need some help. My hair is so dry. It feels like straw!! Does anyone have suggestions for a shampoo/conditioner that can help? THanks!

I like both Pantene and John Mitchell's Moisturizing formula of shampoo and conditioner, and Aussie Three Minute Miracle or Garnier for deep conditioning.

I LOVE Redken All Soft. Its great, and it smells good. Oh yea..and I bought Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Leave-In Protectant..it protects your hair. Idk if you blow dry or flat iron but ever since using this my hair is really really soft! I got it for $13..its an 8.5 fl oz bottle. Its great!

i like to use a neutral shampoo, i agree pantene is a good brand. whatever shampoo you choose, make sure it's really gentle. you might also wanna try shea butter or coconut oil (i apply some before goign ot bed, and then wash my hair normally the next morning).

Originally Posted by misshilary /img/forum/go_quote.gif I need some help. My hair is so dry. It feels like straw!! Does anyone have suggestions for a shampoo/conditioner that can help? THanks! Try using an organic shampoo & conditioner thus eliminating the synthetic chemicals in conventional hair care products. I find that these chemicals tend to promote dryness. After you shampoo apply several drops of jojoba oil in the palm of your hands and apply to your damp hair along with a leave in conditioner. I have found an inexpensive Leave in Conditioner by Giovanni Organics that works perfect on my hair. If you blow dry your hair i'd suggest to partially blow dry since this also intensifies the dryness. I once had this this problem too and this has worked for me. Good luck.

Me love Matrix and Bedhead
biggrin.gif

Use a hair masque... there are many great drugstore ones like fructis that you just leave in your hair for a few minutes after shampooing, it really helps make your hair softer.

My hairstylist has me use Kerastase Forcintense when my hair gets really dry. It comes with 5 applications and works immediately! It's a little expensive but it's worth it...I love it!! You can buy it online at fred segal beauty. good luck!

i have damaged dry hair from straighteners and chemicals, right now i'm using kerastase nutritive bain 2 and aqua oleum treatmeants, and bed head moisture maniac, lee stafford hair mask is really good!!

Redken All soft works GREAT! I have the worst case of dry hair because I tend to highlight my hair a lot, and this stuff just makes it as soft and manageable as it could probably get. I also use Goldwell:Kerasilk Instant Silk Fluid, and this stuff is also wonderful for dry hair. It manages frizz while at the same time it makes your hair feel really silky and soft. The price for it is kind of high, but I feel like it's worth it. It runs about $18 for a 4.2 fl oz. bottle. You can only find it in salons though, and at that i think it's only certain salons so you might have to really look for it. But it is sooo worth it! Hope this helps!

leave in conditions are a must. My mom gave me a liquid boote of infusium 23 and it makes my hair feel so nice.Its light on my hair. Feels like water but WOW

Aussie Three minute miracle once a week, then everytime you wash your hair spritz with Aussie hair insurance which is a leave in conditioner.

I also chant the coconut oil tune. It's lovely stuff and it smells delish. Put a tiny bit onto your hands, rub them together, and then gently rub on your hair. You can also deep oil the night before you wash your hair by spritzing your hair til it's quite damp and then applying generous amounts of coconut oil. This is really only convenient if you have long enough hair to make a small bun or braid. But bun your hair on the top of your head and go to bed. The coconut hair will penetrate the shaft your hair. It'll wash out fine in the morning.

Also, if you wash your hair every day, try and work up to washing every other day or wait even longer. This allows some of your natural oils to moisturize the hair. When you do wash, use a little bit of diluted shampoo. It's not necessary to use a ton of shampoo and have a big pile of suds on your head to clean your hair. You really only need to wash the scalp and the shampoo will slide down the rest of your hair and clean that plenty. A small amount goes a long way. Leave whatever conditioner you use on a little longer than usual before rinsing.

Back