Your "Beauty" Routine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FYI, I did a search, and nothing came up. I could be wrong somehow too though. Anywho!

What's your beauty routine, and when do you do it? For me, on Saturdays I generally give myself a mini manicure & pedicure, as well as I pluck my eyebrows. Sunday nights is when I use my MAC Microfine Refinisher. I use a body scrub nightly, and shave nightly too. I'm pretty simple with my routine I would think.

So what about you? What's your beauty routine?

i wake up. i take a shower. shampoo twice then conditioner. leave conditioner on while i wash body and or shave.wash back and chest with acne fighting clenser.wash face. rinse out conditoner.slather on body lotion. let towel absorb water in hair for a bit.toner.zit stuff. do hair. repeat daily.theres nothing really id o on a regular basis except now every 4 days i remove nail stregnthner and attempt to shape nails.hmm im weird

Oh Lordie

Monday- blackhead check and DHC mineral mask

Tuesday- pedicure and manicure

Wednesday- Hair check, any shaving, plucking, waxing ect.

Thursday- I use Dior capture XR 60/80 on the tired eyes

i am on a low end cleanser routine lately as i am trying to save some big bucks, so i am currently alternating St. Ives Apricot Radiance Age-Defying Cream Cleanser & Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser.

i have waaaaaay too many shower gels and creams to name off, and use them with an exfoliating towel. i shave my legs like never, maybe once every season. twice in the summer. i have no hair really on my legs. i have recently switched to Pantene Texturize! shampoo and love it, still using Fructis Sleek & Shine conditioner... will probably switch that as well once my conditioner is done, just to see.

i do like higher end facial lotions though. I use Dior HydrAction Hydra-Protective Light Creme SPF 20 & Capture R60/80 Night Creme.

oh- and i use the L'oreal Sublime Glow Ultra Mist Spray when i can remember... today would have been the perfect day if i had.

use B&BW Cherry Blossom Shimmer Lotion for my legs and arms and rest of me..

1-2 times a week use Veet on my legs

exfoliate with a body loofah once a week- on Saturday

use a clarifying shampoo and deep conditioner on Saturday

use clay mask 2-3 times a week

its kinda different every week..

shave like 2-3 times a week, use my rituals scrub and mask twice a week (looove that stuff) clean my face with a baby whipe before i go to bed. pluck brows whenever its needed use a mask for my hair once a week.

Here is my FULL routine, weekly, daily and monthly.

Every 2 months I get my hair colored and trimmed.

Every month I get a manicure and pedicure, sometimes I will do it myself though.

Sundays are my at-home pampering day. I clarify and deep condition my hair, do a face mask and face scrub and shave.

I pluck strays from my eyebrows every night. I am obsessive over it. LOL

I also sometimes do ear candling. It's very relaxing.

Wow...am I the only one that shaves every day? I have pretty coarse hair though...and dark, too, so if I don't it shows up big time.

I do only wash and condition my hair every other day though. Any more than that and it looks dirty.

For face, every night - DHC Oil Cleanser, DHC Pure Soap, CO Bigelow Toner (the Menthol-y one), DHC Water Base Moisture, Differin Gel (Rx)

Every morning - DHC Pure Soap, CO Bigelow Toner (the rose water one), DHC Water Base Moisture, Benzyclin Cream (Rx)

Jo

i scrub my face with arbonne reveal scrub my favorite, every other day. i even use it on my arm and chest, pricy though haha.

i use mac cleanse off oil when i wear makeup.

wash face with boscia purifying gel twice a day moisturize with clinique gel and put on vaselene lip therapy.

hmm i think im pretty lazy when it comes to a routine!!

But since being on here i like to pamper myself!!

well i get my hair trimed etc when i can afford it Costs me roughly 50 bucks to just get a cut and blowdry.

Wash, tone and mositurze everyday. Same with teeth

Wash hair prob 3 times a week, due to being so thick. Brush my hair properly 5 times a week, dont brush as it fluffs so i just do a quick run thru with fingers.

Shave every 2 days and do legs once a week, i have a spray inhibitor that works great!!

Do my Fifi(hoohah) once a week

hmm i but my nails, i knwo gross, so i get them done prob once every 3 months if that.

Other then that i spend money on daughter!!! And at monet strapped for cash, with my pay only cause of xmas shoppin etc. and lay byin a GHD

Face: Cleanse, spritz with toner and moisturise twice a day. I use dermalogica's spf moisturiser in the morning though. I've started to use a face brush with my cleanser so don't really need to exfoliate separately anymore, unless it's really really dry.

Body: shower with my handmade soap, as it's the only thing that doesn't dry me out and give me itchy skin! Lots of body lotion. Once a week I do a full body scrub and put on loads of body oil and leave it to soak in (inspired by a treatment I had in the spa a few weeks ago!) I also file off my horrid heels with a foot file and put loads of thick foot cream on as they get really dry. I'm so bad at doing my own toenails so I get a pedi when I can afford it, or just give them a quick coat of something light if I can't!

I shave my legs (bottoms only) when I need to (usually once or twice a week) and I have the tops and my bikini line waxed every 4 weeks.

I have my hair done when I can afford to, usually every 3 months as it costs £90! I usually save up and get it done before something I'm looking forward to, like my holiday next month
smile.gif
- Unless my mum takes pity on me and gives me the cash!! hehe. In between I just wash it every couple of days and put extra leave in conditioner on. I never blow-dry it (1 because I'm lazy and 2 because my hairdryer blew up!). I straighten my fringe whenever I wash it but I only really straighten all my hair with irons if I'm going out or need to be smart at work.

Morning:

Shower. (shampoo, deep condition, etc)

Wash with purpose gentle cleanser

Apply Clindamycin for acne prevention

Apply moisturizer

Apply primer

Apply rest of make up.

Night is the same thing, including shower.

Three times a week I exfoliate my body and face, I also use a mask and do a nice steaming for 15 minutes. I shave whenever I need to, as my hair grows very slowly.

Well, since I didn't include my daily activities, I reckon I should LOL!

I wash morning and night with Garnier Nutritioniste Detoxifying Gel Cleanser. At night I Clean & Clear Cooling Toner, followed by MK Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer. In the AM after cleansing, I use MAC Fast Response Eye Cream and MK Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer. I might start using my toner 2x a day though.

As for my shower, I use Dove Energy Glow bar, followed by Bissy's Boutique Softest Scrub (e-tailer). Then I shave using Skintimate Shaving Gel, and finish off my shower w/ Dove Cream Oil Body Wash with a puff sponge. (Yes, I have an actual routine for when I'm in the shower LOL!)

Everyday : wash my face, tone, moisturize, brush my teeth, apply lipbalm, apply sunscreen, pluck eyebrows, apply makeup.

Nights (week) : remove makeup of course, facescrubs 2 or 3 times a week, and oil on my dry ends because in my town the hairdressers are expensive. sometimes my feet. oh and i love applying nailpolish at 9pm(usually posting & typing with one hand on MuT lol).
tocktock.gif

Weekends : now, we're talking ! i either do that on saturday or sunday mornings.

first, i shave my legs.

then i do a face scrub followed by a mask.

then i apply some hair mask,

then i scrub my body,

and finally rinse my whole me !!

lol, but i think this is just an excuse for me to spend half an hour under the shower !

during weekends i also love to use bodycreams and wait enough time so my clothes won't glue to my skin.

i just love these threads!

daily am-

rinse hair and condition with pantene prov for women of color, baggie hair while i finish shower. wash face with dermalogica special cleansing gel. shower with red flower or korres shower gel. shave pits and legs with aveeno oatmeal shave gel. rinse hair and put in tiny bit of conditioner to control frizz. dry off. for hair - dark & lovely chamomile moisturizer, john frieda silicone gel, john frieda secret weapon, ampro protein gel, ouidad moisture gel, let hair air dry. brush teeth, moisturize face w/sundari neem and avocado moisturizer. put on dove deodorant, pumice heels and moisturize feet w/derma e anti aging hand creme. put on makeup - posner cover creme, prescriptive concealer, mary kay lip balm, physician's formula bronzer, milani or tropez lip pencil, maybelline great lash on brows and lashes, jane oneliner to fill in brows, mac yogurt to highlight brows. lotion body - could be one of several lotions on my nightstand. choose undies - i love to match. get dressed and out the door!

daily pm-

take off makeup with special cleansing gel, hair hunt - brows, mustache and chin (don't laugh - one day this could be you!). tone with stridex pads for sensitive skin, moisturize with sundari or maybe no moisturizer if skin was a bit oily that day. right before bed 100 situps (we just can't live with a front booty) lol!

every other day - morning - treadmill for 21 minutes. (i consider it part of my beauty routine!)

every other day - evening - after taking makeup off use dermalogica daily microfoilant and/or mama lotion if necessary.

twice weekly - origins out of trouble mask or queen helene mint julep mask or dermalogica multi vitamin mask or dermalogica skin hydrating mask - depends on what condition my skin is in.

weekly - wash hair with dark and lovely peppermint shampoo, deep condition with queen helene cholestrol conditioner and sit under heat cap for 30 minutes.

monthly - remove toe polish and re-polish and pamper feet - could be a soak or just clipping nails depending on what they need. trim and bikini wax!

Well of the mornings before I go out I wash my face, and apply any spot treatments that I need to do. Then I go eat or something and allow that to absorb. Then I mosturize and prime. I do my makeup: Foundation, concealer, finishing powder, blush, eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, curl lashes, mascara, lipgloss is usually how it goes unless I do eyelashes or lipstick which isn't every day. Then I do my hair, I'll usually either straighten it scrunch it or wear it up but sometimes I'll do something funky with it.

Of a night I just wash my face and do any spot treatments I need to do.

2 or 3 times a week I'll do a pore scrub and a mask.

Usually on sundays if I'm not doing any thing I'll do a mini spa treatment. I'll take a bath with my favorite smelling stuff and do some conditioning treatments on my hair and a mask on my face while shaving and stuff. Then I'll do a mani/pedi and stuff.

I forgot to mention that i also shower too, lol. I shower everyday and wash my hair every other day.

AM: wash face, shower (hair, shaving), moisturize, face primer, style hair, make-up

PM: remove eye make-up, wash face, moisturize, BP cream if I need it, eye cream

About 2-3x a week I use an Aspirin mask

About 1x a week I do my nails

- [facial] skin examination every day

- full body skin cancer evaluation every two weeks

- manicure&pedicure every sunday [normally bc i get bored, if i really dont have time my manicure &pedi can last another week]

- eyebrows every 3 days

- exfoliate every bath [i take about one a week]

- deep condition or face mask when i take a bath

- moisturize every night & morning.

Sunday is my skin night.

I steam my face, I put on the aspirin mask mixed with my other favorite mask, I use toner and scrub and everything on sunday

On a regular morning, I wake up wash my face, use toner and do my makeup

ooh i love these threads too, ok here is mine....

morning....wash face - atm it is Nivea refreshing cleansing gel for combination skin, tone with avene thermal water spray, eye gel (skin wisdom refreshing eye gel), use treatment if neede (lanes tea tree and witch hazel cream atm), moisturize (l'oreal pure zone), sun block (l'oreal solar expertise)

I dont use a lot of make up - I usually powder to matify any oily areas, use an illuminator on the cheek bone region, eyeliner (essential) sometimes mascara, lip balm and lipstick/gloss - out the door.

pm

Shower - wash face in shower

3 times a week i exfoliate using daniel Rayman papaya exfoliating face wash.

wash hair every other day using pantene red expressions shampoo just i can no longer find his so I will be switching to john freida when i run out. Once a week i do a colour mask for red hair - i dont want to lose my fire.

wash using dove cream oil body wash and a shower puff.

shave necessary areas if required - I try and using hair removal creams each week.

I will mask 1-2 times a week - anything i am trying at that point.

i also do a oil treatment for my hair once a week - mixing different oils.

post shower - either use baby oil or palmers cocoa butter - wrap hair in microfibre towel.

use a file to take off any dead/rough skin on feet - heavily moisturise - cooton socks.

do my nails as often as needed to keep them uniform and smooth - can be several times a week - also make sure my toes are in good condition and make sure they are always presentable. I also try using coconut oil on my nail/cuticles. I will occasionally polish/use nail strengthener.

apply hair oil twice - once when hair is wet - using dabur special light hair oil - and again after I have removed the towel and hair is damp - comb.

tone again using avene.

eye gel (same as before)

mam lotion every other night/or treatment when im not using it.

moisturise and/or face oil.

castor oil on lashes.

lip balm

wait for hair to dry - bit more oil - comb and plait hair - go to sleep.

Back