Best body lotion?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I need your opinions on the best lotion/moisturizer for the body.. for dry ashy skin. My legs are the worst even when i apply lotion to them, they are dry within a few hours. I need all day protection and i want something that makes my skin stand out and gives my legs a glow. Sure cocoa butter stick is cool but who wants to take the time rubbing a cocoa butter stick all over their body; the stick will be gone withina couple days from absorption. I tried that Jergens lotion that has the gold tint to it but it leaves gold color on your clothes, it is a big no no.
sheep.gif

Body shop Cocoa Butter is awesome as well as Olay body drench. Olay leaves a really soft pretty scent on your skin too! I get the extra dry formula!

I swear by The Body Shop Body Buttters. I've used the Brazil Nut forumla with EXCELLENT results (smells GREAT, a little goes a long way, excellent absorption, one of the main ingredients IS Brazil Nut Oil, will not irritate freshly shaved legs), but have also recently bought tubs in Olive and Mango too (with Olive and Mango oil/butter as main ingredients respectively. Lightly scented). All three are reccomended for dry or very dry skin. Oh, I also JUST bought it in Hemp formula with Hemp seed oil in it, and it is for extremely dry skin. HTH! The body butters from TBS are usually very good
smile.gif

Lemon is my thing...and i love dr. hauschka's lemon body moisturizer! I put it on and i just smell like a big lemon curd....

hrm..that doesn't sound right..

a big lemon soufflee...

Originally Posted by MissBGlam /img/forum/go_quote.gif When it comes to me and ashy skin I love Carol's Daughter body souffles! ditto for me! right now i'm working on a huge jar of "groove"!
i also love eo body quenchers mixed with any body lotion. makes my skin feel like satin!

palmers makes cocoa butter in a huge pump bottle, maybe you could try to find that?

also bliss naked body butter works reallll good & tbs body butter is to die for.

Naked bodycare's cocoa butter revealed body cream (if you can get it) is gorgeous but pricey - but i bought the big tub and it lasts frikkin ages.

I agree with TBS body butters as well, the brazil nut one is gorgeous.

Originally Posted by utmostrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif I swear by The Body Shop Body Buttters. I've used the Brazil Nut forumla with EXCELLENT results (smells GREAT, a little goes a long way, excellent absorption, one of the main ingredients IS Brazil Nut Oil, will not irritate freshly shaved legs), but have also recently bought tubs in Olive and Mango too (with Olive and Mango oil/butter as main ingredients respectively. Lightly scented). All three are reccomended for dry or very dry skin. Oh, I also JUST bought it in Hemp formula with Hemp seed oil in it, and it is for extremely dry skin. HTH! The body butters from TBS are usually very good
smile.gif
i just gotta agree. And for the scent I LOVE the Olive and the Shea Butter. A great product

The Body Shop body butters are really good for dry skin. I love the coconut body butter. I also like Avon body lotions.

Karen

What really works is Carol's Daughter Shea Souffle and she has this moisturizer in different fragrances. Also, if you need an extra punch of moisture on your skin you should use her body wash, body scrub, and the shea souffle together. I especially would recommend this routine during the winter months. I hope this helps.

I agree with the others about The Body Shop's body butters! I also really like Bath and Body Works body butters too and there are soooo many different scents. I usually stock up when they have their big $5 sales.

Back