A Poem That Touched My Heart

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, I was reading this story of a woman from England and how she embraced a new religion (Islam). Her story really got me thinking and I loved it. She also wrote a poem soon after she embraced. I wanted to share the poem with all of you perhaps you'll find yourself liking it, just like I did!

Enlightenment

A life without purpose, O that stale and empty existence,

I tried to block the truth, foolishly thinking myself able of ignoring the One up above.

O how ungrateful was I and unworthy of Allaah's Love.

I could not comprehend or appreciate the blessings bestowed on me by Al Karim – The Generous. I made myself believe that Death is all, and ends all.

O how I'd mock the faithful believers when they spoke of the Akhira and "Gardens underneath which rivers flow". They stood firm and their hearts did not waver.

I was inspired by their resilience and patience; they were submitting to their Rabb and had full trust in Him.

I caught a glimpse of the Haqq, and craved more, but my ignorance prevented me and haltered my wondering thoughts.

So I looked unto the mountains, the birds and the sea, trying to grasp this harmony and appreciate the Lord who made me. I cried out "O Allah guide me".

The day came when Al Mu'min - the Giver of Faith, had mercy upon me and enriched me with His Noor.

He restored my hearing and my sight and enabled me to look upon His creation in a new light.

I looked on with tearful eyes, and knew that, I had never seen real beauty until this night.

All Praise is to Allaah, The Creator of All that Exists.

From Your sister in Islam, Umm Ammarah, England.

Thanks Girls

Miss Lovely

That is really pretty! I like how it conveys so many emotions and experiences for her. Thanks so much for sharing this!

Back