Shaving help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hate hate hate shaving my legs everyday. I'm wondering can you ladies suggest any other alternatives to me? I've also tried veet's cold wax strips, and they didn't really work (plus they hurt!!) and you know, cream lotion hair remover. Leave on for 3-4 minutes and then wipe away.... I've used the sally hansen kind and the veet bladeless kind, and all it does it remove the long part of the hair, abut leaves the hair that is under the skin.

I really fancy a removal system that you just spray and and wipe off. That would make my life alot easier. But I'm afraid its not that easy, is it?

Please, I just want any suggestions of methods or products that have worked for you!

Have you tried the Epilady? It hurts like a SOB, but has long lasting results. Why are you shaving your legs everyday? I imagine that is not good for your skin.

Okay. A while back, I saw on the boards that one of the women used something called "Magic Powder". If you have sensitive skin, this is probably a no-go. It is hugely effective, and how I remove the hair from the genital areas. I like it.

I don't shave my legs every day, but I would have to if I wanted to keep my legs silky smooth. That's because the hairs on my legs grow back so fast!

I use an epilator and i think its great. It does hurt though.

My advice would be to try waxing again for a while and see how you go. You will get better at it.

I've heard that an epilator works the best.... Depilatories don't work well for me and waxing is a pain plus you have to let the hair grow out to a certain length to use wax anyway.... which kind of defeates the purpose... So I shave....

You can get a hair removal cream that you use in the shower now, you just put it on then wipe it off.

If you don't like the idea of waxing, those moisturisers that you can buy to help slow down hair growth really work, but you have to use them every day.

I use sugar paste but only for legs (i make it myself at home)... on bikini area it doesn't work ;(

i tried many things too, and now i am back with my shaver..

waxing is too much pain for me, epilation too! i cannot stand that pain.

i can get a tattoo but not epil my legs
biggrin.gif
thats more more more pain to me.

i tried hamla or what its called, this sugar thing too. ... i burned a huge area of my leg. it was horror! never again. ok it was my fault, i was newb, but now i am afraid of that stuff.
biggrin.gif

kisses for my shaver.

NAD's is a natural hair removal system. Probably won't burn your skin. I personally have never tried it but would like to. Anyone tried it?

I also use an epilator... it hurts at first... but after a second try I don't really feel it... It keeps my legs smooth for a long long time and the hair pops-up thinner!

Ive tried nads and it works. You need to rub it longer than it says to. It really removes the whole hair by that I mean you can see the little roots on the strip. You can also use the same strip about 2 times but again lots of rubbing. Its not really painful either.I recently bought one at the grocery store but it didnt have any of the cloth strips in there. Any ideas of what I could use as a substitute for them?

I havent found anything that works good as shaving sorry Im no help lol.

I just want to say there really is no reason to shave any more than every 2 to 3 days. Even when I went to the beach everyday this was fine, and yea my leg hair grows back FAST too lol but it will not feel or look stubbly until the 2nd or 3rd day and it should feel especially silky if you put cream on your legs right after you shave, and then the days after that like when you wake up or whatever. Just my opinion, cause no reason to shave that much, it would get annoying lol.

Ooh! I use Nair Shower Power and I absolutely love it! Since I have thick hair I apply a thick coat, wait a couple minutes, get in the shower, wait another couple of minutes, and then just wipe it away with the little sponge they give you! It works great! I didn't notice my hair growing back until a few days later...which is a record for me! I hope that helps.
heart.gif

If you don't have sensitive skin and don't have hair that grows back fast; the Veet lotion stuff that you use the bladelss razor is frikken AWESOME!! My skin felt like butter!

However: apparently I DO have sensitive skin on my legs because I developed a burn (only used the product for just under the recommened amount of time) and an itch that was so deep in the skin that weeks after I stopped using it I still couldn't scratch hard enough to satisfy the itch; I DO have hair that grows back fast- plus it's dark and coarse (with shaving I do have to shave every day because I will have stubble by bedtime and enough raised stubble the next day for it to snag delicate fabrics- like a 5 o'clock shadow on my legs), so for the cost of the Veet, it wasn't a good bargain because I would have to redo it every 4-5 days.

I think waxing is your best bet as long as you have a great waxer; I had mine done and at first I thought it looked great but I had STUBBLE the next day, the hair hadn't removed by the root it was just broke off at the surface.

I've been beyond frusterated with hair removal and have gave up and went back to the razor because it's cheap and I know it works no matter how inconvenient it is.

i'd try some nair or veet. .they've seemed to upgrade their lines a lot from what they used to be. it will grow back but not as fast as shaving.

Back