Makeup on ebay?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever ordered makeup from ebay? I'm little skeptical. Some of the pallets etc look too good to be true. I'm guessing most of it is poor quality makeup. I wanted to order one just to practice use different colours and what not. Being on the computer makes me want to buy things I probably shouldn't.

If anyone has ordered stuff what have you ordered, and was it worth it?

Yes I have. All make up has to be brand new so I am not too worried about that. Check the seller's feedback. That will tell you whether or not they truly sell their product as they advertise it.

Agree with checking the seller's feedback!

I had a couple times before but mostly for something that I couldn't find it here in Japan.

I have, but I don't usually buy the palettes with tons of e/s etc... because sometimes you don't even know what brand it is and that kinda thing.

I mostly bought MAC MSF's, rare MAC e/s and pigments... and a few random other things.

Two of my best purchases were recently: Lorac Perfectly Lit Luminizer for $16shipped, and Lorac's greatest hits palette (i forget the price, but it was soo much cheaper) Everything is BNIB.

I've had a few glosses come to my house the leaked out of the tube (MAC's Who's That Lady lipgelee) and a whole palette of Sugar glosses. Both sellers sent me new products immediately, no questions asked.

Like Marisol and Leony said, look for positive feedback!

Sorry for the detailed post, trying to help you out.
smile.gif

I've bought a load of makeup from ebay. It's all been fine. Just as others have said, check feedback.

I have not ordered any makeup yet, but I have gotten some really nice brushes from Ebay. The seller was great, so as long as the feedback is good you should be pleased.

I haven't ordered, I'm too scared. I'm afraid that I'll end up with something that is a fake or that it will have been used.

There are lots of MAC and Chanel fakes on ebay, We were looking at lot sales of fake MAC, products they never made. There were a lot of fake Barbie Loves MAC for awhile. Tons of fake brushes. If youre okay with fake then fine, but just so you know

IMO ask here or at MUA if people think things are fakebefore you buy

I'll keep that in mind.

I was looking at the MAC products on ebay, alot of the brush prices seemed way too unrealistic to be authentic MAC. So I guess if it looks to good to be true it probably is.

I've bought lots of m/u from ebay and never had any problems. Like others say, I always check the feedback though.

I have and what I know is you just have to completely read the listings. Make sure the products are not expired and new. You can get a refund easily if a seller doesn't describe a product accurately. Most of the experiences I've had are positive, the rest were shades I didn't really like.

I've bought tons of MAC pigment samples from there. It's been quite some time so I cant remember the seller. I agree with the feedback though. It is one of your best resources on ebay.

I have and i've been mostly satisfied with my purchases
smile.gif
I always check feedback and read the item description verrrrrrrrrry carefully. Often I will email the seller too to ask them specific questions.

I have bought Make up on Ebay, I usually only go for the known brands and like others I check out feedback of the seller and only purchase new items. 9 times out of 10 I have been very happy.

i have bought alot of Makeup on ebay. Alot of Mac and some smashbox. I bought a mac eye palette and refills for 150. And bout some brushes.

if you can find deals them i would go for it. I also bought mac invisable powder so I would not have to lug around all different pwders in my kit?

just make sure to check the person's feedback rating...you should be ok. Try to stick with the ones that have a large amount of feedback.

Originally Posted by ZebraGarden /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'll keep that in mind.I was looking at the MAC products on ebay, alot of the brush prices seemed way too unrealistic to be authentic MAC. So I guess if it looks to good to be true it probably is.

There is some info on Specktra.net, a message board for MAC fans, on counterfeit MAC items.

I was searching for mineral makeup on ebay. And I was skeptical too. But I broke down and bought from a power seller after carefully reading the feedback on the foundation I was looking at. Hot Dang!!!! Thank goodness I took the chance!. It's by far the bestest (love that word lol) foundation I have ever used (liquid, cake, mouse, mineral)! And I've been wearing foundation since I was 12.

I've been using mineal makeup for a little over 2 years now and have been very happy with it. But this particular kind is so wonderful! It's lasts alllll day. And I tend to get greasy normally after a few hours, But not with this. Love it!

So i say if it's not that expensive, jump in and buy something. But make sure you look at the sellers feedback, particularly on the same products you will be buying and see what others say. Good luck!

Back