Reducing redness on my face?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a lot of redness on my face,

and a lot of pimple scars.

at the moment im using retin gel for my pimples,

i think it helps a little with the scaring as well

but i'm wondering if theres any creams/face masks or anything that will reduce the redness in my skin.

& no im not looking for make up to cover it up,

just to get rid of the problem.

thanks

Well, Retin-A will do that to you, but I don't think you can apply anything topically that can reduce redness. Maybe applying the Retin-A less frequently (once per day, or every other day, etc.) can help? Unless you do that already, in which case, I don't know what to tell you.

I used Retin-A one day, Differin the next. Retin-A is just way too harsh on my skin.

There are a number of anti redness serums available on the market. Aveeno and Eucerin both make good ones.

Rosacea can cause one's face to have a red appearance.

Only a doctor can diagnose and prescribe medications that can reduce the redness. Diet can have a huge effect on lessening the redness as well.

Consider making an appointment with your doctor.

i second Carolyn. if it's more on the side of sensitiveness, i suggest sweet almond oil, you can find a bottle for cheap in a baby's section, or at a pharmacy. it helps.

Eucerin redness reducing night cream works very well for me..

OR use pure shea butter

I used to get skin redness when trying new skin products. And using some baking soda on my face as a scrub has helped counteract the redness.

Hm, I do not have any skin remedies but I do wash and apply facial mask on my face before I go to sleep. I would think that cleansing your face clean with the correct method + masking will help to heal redness/acne faster.
policeman.gif

Originally Posted by Solimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I used Retin-A one day, Differin the next. Retin-A is just way too harsh on my skin. I have differin, but is that the same Retin-A? The same results for the skin?

I would try SKIN EFFECTS - FLAWLESS EFFECTS !! Its DESIGNED FOR ROSACEA PRONE SKIN!!! Helps diminish appearance of skin redness, flushing, or inflammation with RED ALGAE CONCENTRATE. Self cooling, soothes skin on contact. With continued use, skin will look more smoother with more even tone and texture.

~WONT CLOG PORES OR CAUSE BREAKOUTS!!!~

And all that was straight from the back of the box! I use it and i find it to be AMAZING!!

You can get it at any CVS or their online stores.

Back