Second use for your used ground coffee

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you do with the ground coffee in the filter of your coffee machine?? Like everyone else... you throw it in the garbage!!
But do you know what I do with it? I use it as a very inexpensive SCRUB!!!
1- Wash your face, but keep your skin a little wet
2- Take the filter (you may need to add few drops of water in the filter, depending on how long your coffee has been filtered)
3- Take the ground coffee and try to make it stick to your entier face; avoiding eye area off course!! Leave it for about 10-15 min (let the caffeine does its magic!!!), but don't leave your bahtroom's sink or you're going to have coffee all over your house!!!
4- Rub your face just like you would do with any scrub (the coffee will fall off so, as I said: stay over the sink!!!)
5- Take off as much as you can, clean the remaining coffee with water only
6- Moisturize your skin with your daily cream and VOILÀ!!!
I don't know why I came up trying this on my face anyway, but I've heard so much about caffeine in skin care products, so I probably told myself I couldn't go wrong using fresh ground coffee....
You'll see, your skin will feel soft, fresh and tightened!!!
Keep me in touch...
See ya!

I do drink coffee and i just found another great tip on what to do with it when its been used lol, cheapest scrub i could get i guess, so im trying this and see how it works for me, thanks
smile.gif

Originally Posted by GlossyAbby /img/forum/go_quote.gif i wonder if you would smell like coffee... its such a strong smell No, I guess there's no worries to have... I'm pretty sure I don't smell like coffee when I do this... if so, my boyfriend would have told me so... Well, I hope he would!!! LOL

Would you say it works about the same/better than other ingredients you can use at home, like salt or sugar?

Oh and I'm wondering about the "benefits" of coffee, too; there's been a lot of talk about it being beneficial for your skin lately!

Originally Posted by JennBee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Would you say it works about the same/better than other ingredients you can use at home, like salt or sugar?
Oh and I'm wondering about the "benefits" of coffee, too; there's been a lot of talk about it being beneficial for your skin lately!

I would love to tell you that it is better than sugar or salt, but I have no idea... I guess it's about the same, but if you usually have coffee, at least you do reuse what you're not drinking!!!
And about benefits of cafeine, well is it usually used in anti-cellulite creams... and those produtcs use cafeine as a firming agent.

Not bad to have cafeine from real fresh ground coffee on your face if it can refirm your skin, no??

At the last spa I worked at, we used a coffee in one of our scrubs. It was a vanilla coffee bean scrub. We spread a vanilla oil all over the clients body, then lightly sprinkled the coffee onto the client, then gently in a circular motion we exfoliated them.

It works really nicely.

cool !! i'll have to tell my mom, my brother got 50% off every pack of coffee at Starbucks, so we have stock ! lol

I doubt if the concentration of caffeine (if it actually gets absorbed through the skin and into the bloodstream) is high enough to produce any benefit.

Originally Posted by ZOMBIEPRINCESS /img/forum/go_quote.gif I always use ground coffee as a bodyscrub. My skin is so nice and smooth afterwards, but it's really messy. Yeah, it's messy... But worth the mess!!!

Back