Differences between NYX trio and NYX single?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there! I'm new to this board but have been using make up for quite some time. I just discover this new brand, call NYX (yeah I know, about time right?), and I'm planning to collect all of the shade. LOL! So I'm just wondering, if there a difference between the trio and the single other than the quantity and the packaging?

As in, in term of pigmentation, texture, and such... is there a difference? Or did they just use the single, and put it in the trio? And also, I realize that there's a ultimate pearl, which bare quite a resemblence to the loose pearl mania. Is the only difference between those, and the form it comes in? One as loose power, the other one have pressed?

Sorry for my ongoing question but I'm planning to order these in a bundle, but don't know which bundle to order. Any advice, recommendation, or instruction is welcome. Thank you for taking your time out to read this, I appreciate it.

I find the singles to be much more pigmented than the trios. I like some of the trios while others were so-so, but some colors seem to be unavailable in single form.

By the way, don't pay the full price on the NYX website or Ulta! A lot of stores sell NYX for much less.

Originally Posted by Ashley /img/forum/go_quote.gif I find the singles to be much more pigmented than the trios. I like some of the trios while others were so-so, but some colors seem to be unavailable in single form.
By the way, don't pay the full price on the NYX website or Ulta! A lot of stores sell NYX for much less.

Oh? Well I'm glad I found that out before I decided to order a bunch of trio. And thanks for the head up, I'm planning to buy from Cherryculture, which so far, seem to be the cheapest beside Ebay.

So I guess I should just try and collect all of the single instead of just going for the trio then?

Actually, all of the trios that I have bought have been incredibly pigmented.

Two of the singles that I got barely show up.

So I think it depends on the shades of the colors rather than whether it's in a trio or is single. The quality is the same.

Originally Posted by Nick007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow, There is alot of singles for you to collect!!! There is 160!!! LOL! I know! Isn't it awesome
rockwoot.gif
rockwoot.gif
rockwoot.gif
rockwoot.gif

See, here's the thing though. I personally think that the single would be a lot more fun to collect, but at the same time, I feel that the trio would be "smarter" to get since it comes in 3 color. I'm not that worried about having room, I hav a ridiculously HUGE make up table with 6 drawer that could hide an elephant.
rockwoot.gif
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer2k89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh? Well I'm glad I found that out before I decided to order a bunch of trio. And thanks for the head up, I'm planning to buy from Cherryculture, which so far, seem to be the cheapest beside Ebay.
So I guess I should just try and collect all of the single instead of just going for the trio then?

The last time I checked, CherryCulture didn't have any of the trios, and they didn't carry all of the single eye shadows either.

um, they are one page 4 or something like that. but maybe i'm looking at the wrong one? and yeah, I do realize that they don't have all of the color. haha, I actually counted them and have a list of the color they're missing.

I love all of the singles I bought... almost every one was very well pigmented. A few of the lighter shades (some light pinks for example) didn't show up to well on me...but I think I definitely like the singles over the trios.

Is there a store near you where you can at least test them to see what you like?

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif So I think it depends on the shades of the colors rather than whether it's in a trio or is single. The quality is the same. That's my experience too.

I find the trios to be very pigmented - but the singles are shades not found in the trios and I never was crazy enough to buy them. I just say get both if you're really liking this brand.

I have some trios and some singles, and I love all of them
smile.gif
As far as I can tell, there is no difference between singles and trios.

Originally Posted by Ashley /img/forum/go_quote.gif By the way, don't pay the full price on the NYX website or Ulta! A lot of stores sell NYX for much less. OMG, so true! I went to Ulta last Friday and I couldn't resist myself...I bought two NYX blushes and lo and behold, when I went to the mall the next day (Saturday), they had NYX at this store called Amuse and the blushes were only 2.99!!! I paid 6.99 for the ones at Ulta!!! I was so mad...So yeah, try to find them in local independent stores and beauty supply stores. I only get the chrome pigments online because I can't find them anywhere that's local.
I got mixed results from singles and trios. I have some singles that don't show very well. The white one (I think it is called "White") barely shows on my skin, but yet a creamy-shimmery one called Safari shows up very well and is a good highlighter. Then there are also some colors from the trios that barely show without a good base. But most of the colors are very pigmented IMHO. I got a really good deal the last time I went to a Designer Fragrance outlet store...they had a 1.00 sale of select colors.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I find the trios to be very pigmented - but the singles are shades not found in the trios and I never was crazy enough to buy them. I just say get both if you're really liking this brand. I'm not crazy
scared.gif
scared.gif
scared.gif
scared.gif

Anyways, Nick007, I tried to PM you, but couldn't because I'm still new here, so is there any other way to contact you?

And thanks everyone for your reply! I think that I'm going to go with the Trio and get all of those colors first. Although, personally, I think a draw full of NYX single would look really nifty, LOL! And then afterall, those colors that isn't available in the Trio, I'm going to get it in the Single. However, right now, I'm forcusing on the pigment. Damn Cherryculture; it's always sold out on most of the pigment!

Hmm... I don't think I have any store call Amuse around my area... = (

I do have Ulta though, but it's pretty pricey with limited selection so that's just
sleepyhead.gif
sleepyhead.gif
sleepyhead.gif

Originally Posted by la_chinita /img/forum/go_quote.gif OMG, so true! I went to Ulta last Friday and I couldn't resist myself...I bought two NYX blushes and lo and behold, when I went to the mall the next day (Saturday), they had NYX at this store called Amuse and the blushes were only 2.99!!! I paid 6.99 for the ones at Ulta!!! I was so mad...So yeah, try to find them in local independent stores and beauty supply stores. I only get the chrome pigments online because I can't find them anywhere that's local.
I got mixed results from singles and trios. I have some singles that don't show very well. The white one (I think it is called "White") barely shows on my skin, but yet a creamy-shimmery one called Safari shows up very well and is a good highlighter. Then there are also some colors from the trios that barely show without a good base. But most of the colors are very pigmented IMHO. I got a really good deal the last time I went to a Designer Fragrance outlet store...they had a 1.00 sale of select colors.

Aw, the white one was the first one that I was going to get also... because I'm in need of some white shadow to put under my eye. = (Thanks for the head up, now I know not to get it.
rockwoot.gif
rockwoot.gif

Do you have any color that's the same in Trio and Single? Does anybody? IS there any difference?

Sorry but I have another question, have anyone tried the NYX chrome eyeshadows? How are the color payoff on those and the lasting power?

I'm new to NYX, been using MAC for quite some time, so now, which is the best eyeshadow I've found so far, thus, I'm scare I'll be dissapointed with NYX.

Many of the single colors you can find in the trio's. So you might want to buy as many of those as you can then pick up the remaining single colors that you like.

I use alot of the chrome eyeshows and they are VERY pigmented!!! I work 12 hours a day and they are on when I get home, I also use UDPP. You should start out with a little of everything that you want to try that way you can form an opinion on the products, before you order a whole bunch!

Maybe this can help someone else, too. It's a list of the trios with the # of the single that is in the trio. (If that makes sense!) The bottom ones have no matching names, and I don't want to guess as to what single they are, cause I might be wrong.

TS 01

ES02 WHITE, ES42 GREY, ES01 BLACK

TS 02

ES20 BABY PINK, ES57 BARELY THERE, ES38 COTTON CANDY

TS 03

ES03 NUDE, ES04 TAUPE, ES06 DARK BROWN

TS 04

ES22 BABY BLUE, ES08 OCTOBER SKY, ES23 PACIFIC

TS 05

ES20 BABY PINK, ES38 COTTON CANDY, ES55 SPRING FLOWER

TS 06

ES32 PURPLE, ES52 DEEP PURPLE, ES76 PRUNE