Looking for mineral lippies!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all. My prom is coming up and I want to wear some kind of mineral lip color. I was wondering which companies sold mineral lip colors that will keep my lips moisturized but don't cost a whole lot. If they sell samples of their lip colors, then that's even better! Thanks for the help!

[edit]

I've been doing a bit of research and from I've seen, I'm liking the looks of the Lumi Lips from Lumiere Cosmetics, the Smooth Color Lip Cream from J. Lynne Cosmetics, and the Lipsticks from Monave Cosmetics. Does anyone have any opinions on those?

Feel free to suggest other brands still.

I love the ones from Barefaced Minerals. They smell great like choco tangerine and are very inexpensive. The colours last too. I didnt like JLynne as it was hard and had no colour. some people really liked it so maybe I got a bad one. Monave, Pure Ananda, Buffd, all have lippies in a tube.

everybody considering the fact that there are no true mineral lip gloss since you have to peserve anything in liquid form, i wonder if it can be called mineral just cos it has mineral ingredients

I usually use a mineral eyeshadow with a clear gloss, seems to work for me.

I LOVE the glosses from Silk Naturals- they are $4.25 each and come in 22 different shades. I got 6 on my first order and loved them so much I went back for 6 more. They are wonderfully moisturizing and the colors are very nice. Not to mention that the shipping is SUPER fast. Both times I ordered the order was shipped within about 2 hours of placing it.

Originally Posted by Raze /img/forum/go_quote.gif I usually use a mineral eyeshadow with a clear gloss, seems to work for me. Be careful though, because a lot of eyeshadows are not safe for lips. They contain ultramarines, which are not safe on your lips. Check the ingredients before you apply eye shadow to your lips. I think most websites tell you if an item is safe to use on your lips...I know TKB and some others do.

Originally Posted by AverysMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif Be careful though, because a lot of eyeshadows are not safe for lips. They contain ultramarines, which are not safe on your lips. Check the ingredients before you apply eye shadow to your lips. I think most websites tell you if an item is safe to use on your lips...I know TKB and some others do. Very true.. good point.. thanks for raising the flag on this..

Hi, May I know it there a expiry date for the mineral lip products? How long can I keep my collection? Is it the same as mineral powder can keep forever?

Originally Posted by qxm1970 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi, May I know it there a expiry date for the mineral lip products? How long can I keep my collection? Is it the same as mineral powder can keep forever? I am thinking it is just like any lip product. I wouldn't keep them around after a year. (Your lips touch them and there are more ingredients than just mineral powders.)
Only the mineral powders that have not been touched with a brush would have the long shelf life. (If you ALWAYS used something like a swirly bowl, mineral powders with no organic ingredients could last indefinitely.)

i also love silk naturals lippies. awesome, you should definitely check them out.

Me likey silk naturals. I haven't tried the lipsticks but the glosses are pretty pigmented.

Another rave for Silk Naturals here. Love the glosses, and even though I'm not a lipstick person, I love Rapture (one of the lipsticks, it is a great rose with just a touch of plum), too.

Back