Tweezer Problem! Help???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think the is the right topic for this question…

So about a week ago I lost the best pair of tweezers I've ever owned. I searched thru the whole house and no luck. Anyway I finally purchased a new pair. I’m pretty sure there the same brand, though it had been about 3 years since I purchased the last pair. Anyway my dilemma is that the tips of the tweezers seem to be too sharp! When I grab the hairs to pluck them out it just snips off the end!!! And forget about accidentally pinching the skin! Oh man did that hurt!
10.gif
I’ve never had that happen before. So I don’t know what to do... the last thing I wanted to do was suck it up and drop the money on another pair (since I already got rid of the packaging and the receipt) Any help would be sooo greatly appreciated.

I have a very sharp pair of needle tipped tweezerman tweezers with this same problem. Maybe if you got some very fine grade sand paper and rubbed it on the tips it would help? I'm going to try this myself soon.

I agree with Maysie. Maybe you could also hold the tweezers at a different angle.

These are slant tiped tweezers. I thought about maybe taking a nail file to them to see if that would work. Wanted to see if any one had a better sugestion befor I tryed it though...

you may not want to hear this, but i'd just buy another pair. the sand paper or nail file could just make it worse. jmho~

I had the same problem with the slant tip and found that it helps if you use the thicker end to grab the hair...I ran mine through a towel after a few hairs and it seemed to sortof blunt the tip...now they are perfect and don't stab
frown.gif
me on accident.

LOL Lame. Oh well next time I'Il know to keep that recipt/packing so if it's still happening I can make them take them back "this shouldent happen!". Or tare apart the house again in hopes to find my old pair :cry:. Thanks for your help!

i would instead of taking sand paper just use them on a pice of fabric like trying to pull out the fibers. *chose a rougher fabric

that should help dull the blade

If you do need to buy a new pair..I bought a pair from avon..i usually don't shop with them..but they are the most amazing pair i've ever had...and they were way cheap too

Is there a name on the tweezer do you know the brand name. If so contact via internet the makers and tell them whats happening.

If that does not work take them to the store you bought them from and see what they say, they still might exchange them or contact the company for you.

Tweezer are one thing that win you start to try to sharpen or dull them they become useless very quickly.

I actually found my old ones under the bathroom sink, god only knows how they got there. They are slighly difrent. The old ones are just stainless steel and the new ones are called expert...Though that still doesnt explain why they would be choping off the hairs instead of pulling them out. Anyway im happy to have my good old tweezers back in hand! Ill keep the onld ones incase i ever get a sliver ot something LOL

glad to hear you got your tweezers back! my tweezer issue is that they snap the hairs off, not pull them out
frown.gif
sucks, I have to redo my eyebrows all the time since they grow back too quick!

I hate it when I grab some skin!!! Hurts like hell... and leaves a mark almost like a bruise... Glad you found your old pair....

Back