Primer isn’t just for the face you know

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Try your fav facial primer on your lips first. For the best results, avoid the slippery silicone primers (like the beloved Smashbox Photo Finish) as this won’t grab lipstick as well as say a cream, or eyeshadow primer. Best bet? Try Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion.

or Amazing Cosmetic’s Eyeshadow Primer.

The cream consistency gives a better hold for lipstick to hold onto and also gives the added bonus of canceling out a dark lip color so that your lipstick goes on the actual color you see. But remember, only a dab will do. Too much and it’ll mix with the lipstick and create a globby mess. Think a film of on your lips and you’ll do fine.
Source:http://www.elkevonfreudenberg.com/blog/2008/03/07/lipstick-trick/

lol, i have to try that !

i don't think it would be dangerous. first, you would not eat much of the product so unless it's really highly toxic, i don't think it will make you ill, and it was that toxic, we wouldn't use it on the eyes in the first place. my guess is if it's safe for the eyes, it will be safe for the lips too. only the taste might be disgusting lol.

hmmm... I need to try this~~I think it would give a truer lipstick color as well~~

Thanks hun for the tip!! i have even used UDPP on my lashes (applied carefully)

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol, i have to try that !
i don't think it would be dangerous. first, you would not eat much of the product so unless it's really highly toxic, i don't think it will make you ill, and it was that toxic, we wouldn't use it on the eyes in the first place. my guess is if it's safe for the eyes, it will be safe for the lips too. only the taste might be disgusting lol.

Yeah, but then, you know, there's some MAc pigment that is fine for the eye but not for the face. So yeah... I unno. I guess it'll be fine. I'll try it too. = )

Thanks for the tip! If we can use concealer/foundation/face powder, all products made for the face, on the lips as a base, I don't see why an eyeshadow primer can't be used on the lips.
smile.gif

I tried this yesterday but it just made my lips very dry and my lippy didn't last either!! Hopefully some of you will have better results!

I have to try that... I have accidentally gotten PhotoFinish on my lips and your right.. Lipstick slides right off.. Lol. Thanks for the tip!!
smile.gif

I'm afraid that things for our eyes might not be graded as safe for our lips. I"m going to look into this a bit more before I try it

Back