Should I get 5 gram, or 10 gram jar?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm planning to buy some jar for my eyeshadow... especially for the NYX loose eyeshadow, however, I don't know if I'm suppose to get the 10gram or the 5gram?

Do eyeshadow usually just go up to 5gram?

I'm also planning to crush up my eyeshadow to put it in the jar instead, since I like how easier it is to work with loose eyeshadow... I hate how it feels like the press eyeshadow is too hard and ruining my brushes. So does anyone know if 5gram would be enough, or should I go for 10gram just to be safe?

Plus, I find it to be pretty nifty looking to have like, a huge collection of eyeshadow, all in little tiny jar. It look much better than having crapload of different design and such.

Sorry for the essay, but my question is. Is 5gram better for eyeshadow, or 10gram?

Oh, in case some people don't know what I'm talking about, here's some pics

7740_1.JPG

70610081_tp.jpg

53039570_tp.jpg

I'm looking between the black or the white lid, but I think the black make it look more collection-y?

For the NYX pearl pigments you'll need the 10 gram.

I've tried the 5 gram but there's a bit too much in the bottle.

Sirvinya and Aprill are right, for the NYX loose shadows, you need the 10 gram jars. If you ever want to send someone a sample of a pigment or something, the 5 gram jars are great for that. Since they are so cheap on ebay... I buy some of both.

I bought the 10 gram jars for my NYX pearl pigments. It's surprising how much pigment there is in those little NYX bottles.

Where do you guys recommend I put the label though? As in, the color description and the brand? Should I put it on the bottom of the jar, or should I put it on the lid? I wanna do it in a way, where it doesn't look messy, and actually look like the make up come in that jar, instead of it being a jar that I bought seperately.

Originally Posted by Jennifer2k89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Where do you guys recommend I put the label though? As in, the color description and the brand? Should I put it on the bottom of the jar, or should I put it on the lid? I wanna do it in a way, where it doesn't look messy, and actually look like the make up come in that jar, instead of it being a jar that I bought seperately. I like the label on the bottom better.
smile.gif

Omg guys, I just found these adorable 10 gram jar that have a square base, what do you think? Is this better than the round one?

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebst...6&ParentCat=97

I think it'll make the pigment look like it's more "professional" and "expensive", but the thing is, do you think it's still hold 10 gram like the round one? It's so adorable, but it is more expensive... money don't matter, as long as it's worth it. Do you guys think it's worth it?

i like the label on the top so i can look at all my shadows and find things quickly. it's up to you though ultimately on what you decide. it's all preference.

I don't like the square ones!!! they hold less... a 5 gr doesnt hold 5 gr just like a 10 gr doesn't hold 10 gr- it's based on the weight of the actual jar... and the square ones are double the price and hold the same as the 5 gr round.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't like the square ones!!! they hold less... a 5 gr doesnt hold 5 gr just like a 10 gr doesn't hold 10 gr- it's based on the weight of the actual jar... and the square ones are double the price and hold the same as the 5 gr round. Aww, really? But they are so cute = (
Thanks for the head up though... I was kind of suspecting that it wouldn't hold that much amount. Oh well, look like I'm gonna go for the 10 gram with BlackLid... and hopefully, I can find a clear labeling thinghy so that it won't hide the bottom of my jar.
rockwoot.gif
rockwoot.gif
rockwoot.gif

Back