Working from home - for those who asked!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I lived in a large city with an abundance of shopping (unlike where I live now, which has only a Wal-Mart and no mall for almost an hour!)
scared.gif

I worked as a merchandising rep for seven different companies. My jobs ranged from going into the malls and arranging Calvin Klein purses at specific stores, to making sure the Whirlpool and Frigidaire refrigerators had certain stickers on them at Best Buy and Circuit City. My schedule was up to me - as long as my work was in by a certain date, I could go whenever I wanted to. I did all of my reporting from home, and didn't have to go to an office, didn't have to take time off work, nothing like that. It ended up with me working full time (and then some) right before we moved. We were trying to pay off all our debt because we are getting ready to buy a house. We came very close to getting rid of all of it, and my credit score is 806!!! WOOHOO!!!!

The best way to find the companies to work for is to go to WalMart and go to customer service. Ask to see the Vendor Log. (Some stores won't let you flip thru it just to look, but if you seem like you are going to sign in it then they don't ever care.) While you are flipping through the book, keep in mind the names of the companies who haven't had anyone sign in the last 3 months. These are companies who are looking for someone in YOUR area! Then, come home, go to their website, and apply online! It works every time. I did this for 5 years before I moved, and I need to get started up in it again.
smile.gif

Hope this helps someone! My pay ranged from $10-15 per hour, with most things paying right in the middle. It was SUPER!!!

Good info!

I merchandise for Burpee seeds and although Ireally like the job and freedom of schedule (and the fact that the majority of my check is non-taxable compensation for drive time and mileage); it's not enough money at since it's such an easy job! It's done quickly!!

I do need to check some of the stores I already merchandise in and check their logs when I sign in and see if I can pick up some more.

That's super good advice Sherry. Thank you for sharing. I would sooo look into that if I wasnt in a brand new city that I'm scared of getting lost in.

Wow, thanks for the info! I'm gonna look into it for sure! Do you recommend any other stores other than Wal-Mart? Should I try mall stores too?

okay, I just went to revlon and proctor and gambles website and applied.

I am still checking sites for companies that I see merchandisers working while I'm in my stores (Kmart and Target), because I know for a fact that they do, in fact, use in store merch's instead of the store themselves doing the stocking.

I'mma so check into that. I want a easy part-time job that works around my schedule.

Thanks, Shelly!

The only problem with mall stores is that a lot of them don't necessarily have the sign-in logs that WalMart does. I worked for Crossmark - that was a good one!

I did get offered a job with P&G but their pay was really, really low and I had to turn it down. It was bad!!!

Cool! Can you tell us the seven companies you were working for and other recommendations you have for other companies to check out?

Thanks Sherry! This is awesome! I didn't know there was such a thing! I could really stand to make some extra money doing something that won't take me from home too much! Will Target let me see the Vendor logs?? I like them better than WalMart!! LOL!

Just tell them, "I need your vendor sign-in book." As long as you act authoritative, like you are used to signing in every day, they won't care. But if you say, "I need to look through your vendor book!" they will have a stroke and tell you now. :lol

I worked for ActionLink, Crossmark, Spar, Retail Assistance, Strategic Merchandising Partners, and for some reason I am drawing a blank on the other two!!! Hmmmm.....CRUD! I can't believe this!!! Talk about memory loss!! That's what happens when you get old. I'll see what I can remember...

Originally Posted by SherryAnn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just tell them, "I need your vendor sign-in book." As long as you act authoritative, like you are used to signing in every day, they won't care. But if you say, "I need to look through your vendor book!" they will have a stroke and tell you now. :lol
I worked for ActionLink, Crossmark, Spar, Retail Assistance, Strategic Merchandising Partners, and for some reason I am drawing a blank on the other two!!! Hmmmm.....CRUD! I can't believe this!!! Talk about memory loss!! That's what happens when you get old. I'll see what I can remember...

Was there any company you preferred? How did they pay; check, direct deposit? Was the pay reliable? Most importantly- did you have to wear a uniform?? UGH!! The thing I like about my nerch job is that I can wear any old thing but I know some merch companies require uniforms- ick, lol!!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I wonder if they have anything like that in Oz? it sounds like a good job. On some of those merchandising websites, they show global locations, so I bet you can find something!!! Or just look at company sites that come to mind (like I applied on the Revlon and Proctor and Gamble sites and emailed Jane cosmetics and they told me to reply with my resume so they could forward to their Human Resources.) and see if they have merchandising positions for OZ.

Originally Posted by Jinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif Was there any company you preferred? How did they pay; check, direct deposit? Was the pay reliable? Most importantly- did you have to wear a uniform?? UGH!! The thing I like about my nerch job is that I can wear any old thing but I know some merch companies require uniforms- ick, lol!! My absolute fave is ActionLink. They pay by direct deposit every two weeks. Some of the others do, too. A couple of them pay the following month for the work you did, but most pay within two weeks. ALL of the ones I worked for were very dependable, reliable, established companies. I never got screwed over with my pay!

None of them required uniforms, but you just had to wear business casual clothes (like nice capris, slacks, khakis, and cute shoes.) It was all great.

The other two companies are Campaigners and National In Store.

If you DO sign up, please, please, please use SHERRY WALKER as your reference. Some of them pay like $30 if they hire you and I referred you, and I can DEFINITELY use the pay right now!!!
eusa_whistle.gif

Back