Slight setback

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's the deal, housing has a wait of 6-9 months. So here I am, in freaking Texas, like 2000 miles from home, with basically no long term housing. Right now I'm staying at the Inn, which is nice and only $47 a night. But that adds up to $1400 a month. And there is NO way we can afford that, and not a high chance we would even be allowed to stay that long. After searching all the apartment rental sites I found this small apartment that sounds promising. Main problem is, my husband and I both have horrible credit due to hospital bills. Please, please, please, say a prayer, cross your fingers, send good vibes, whatever you feel is appropriated. I really appreciate anything at this point. TIA.

Oh no! That sucks!! I'll definitely say a prayer for you and your family.

When everything seems VERY bad Kat, that lil light at the end of the tunnel is actually closer than you think, prolly cliche sounding but that is so true, we were sorta in the same situation that you are at the moment, a few weeks ago, but we made it through, my husband was jobless for a month and a half, which was really worse than what you're going through probably, we had no money, and had to call the foodbank instead of going grocery shopping, thankfully he has found a job now and we are doing very good. Something really good comes out of something really bad, i believe that, so you and your hubby will make it through this, im sending you TONS of good vibes your way, it will be OK, you'll see
biggrin.gif
hug.gif

I'm sorry to hear about your setback.

In Canada, we call them personal married quarters or PMQ. These are small homes or townhouses on base for couples or personnel with children.

Will the military put you up - at their expence - until you can get into an apartment?

Is there another base nearby that has housing?

When I served in Canada, I had a few set backs as well, so I know how you feel.

All the best hun, things will work out for you.

Do they have room in the Military Guest House on base? Check into that, unless that's where you are. I know we stayed in one when we first moved to GA, and I could've sworn the Army paid for it. I may be very wrong too. I know that feeling though, and it sucks big time!

Originally Posted by Maysie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh no! That sucks!! I'll definitely say a prayer for you and your family. thank you, it is well appreciated

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif When everything seems VERY bad Kat, that lil light at the end of the tunnel is actually closer than you think, prolly cliche sounding but that is so true, we were sorta in the same situation that you are at the moment, a few weeks ago, but we made it through, my husband was jobless for a month and a half, which was really worse than what you're going through probably, we had no money, and had to call the foodbank instead of going grocery shopping, thankfully he has found a job now and we are doing very good. Something really good comes out of something really bad, i believe that, so you and your hubby will make it through this, im sending you TONS of good vibes your way, it will be OK, you'll see
biggrin.gif
hug.gif
I hate to hear that you were in that situation, we were in that very same boat when I first went MIA. I'm very glad that he found a job and things are better for you. Thank you for your vibes, they were well recieved.

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm sorry to hear about your setback. In Canada, we call them personal married quarters or PMQ. These are small homes or townhouses on base for couples or personnel with children.

Will the military put you up - at their expence - until you can get into an apartment?

Is there another base nearby that has housing?

When I served in Canada, I had a few set backs as well, so I know how you feel.

All the best hun, things will work out for you.

All the homes that avaliable to us with him being an E1 are full. I called housing and they said they dont do anything to help with temporary housing, which is why I felt so down and out earlier. The nearest base is wayyyyy far away. Thank you for your ideas though, I really appreciate them.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Do they have room in the Military Guest House on base? Check into that, unless that's where you are. I know we stayed in one when we first moved to GA, and I could've sworn the Army paid for it. I may be very wrong too. I know that feeling though, and it sucks big time! Right now we're in an apartment that is part of the Inn. But, we're paying out of pocket and it adds up kinda fast. I really don't understand how this can be such a "nice" base, yet they're not especially big on helping families.

Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, it may stand you in good stead that your husband is in the Army. Good luck!!! That's exactly what i was hoping.

Okay, so I just talked to the apartment manager. They ran my husband first (since he is the one actually employed) and he didnt go through because of his deliquencies. But, they were kind enough to run me through, without another app fee! And, using my credit history with his pay, we are able to get it!!!!!!!!!! The only thing is we have to put down one months rent as the deposit. Thank goodness I had managed to hide $1000 in my savings account! So, now that all is said and done, I am much happier. Me and Alana are moving in tomorrow!!!!! Thank you all so much for all your kind words and advice.

Originally Posted by mrs.jones1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif thank you, it is well appreciated

I hate to hear that you were in that situation, we were in that very same boat when I first went MIA. I'm very glad that he found a job and things are better for you. Thank you for your vibes, they were well recieved.

All the homes that avaliable to us with him being an E1 are full. I called housing and they said they dont do anything to help with temporary housing, which is why I felt so down and out earlier. The nearest base is wayyyyy far away. Thank you for your ideas though, I really appreciate them.

Right now we're in an apartment that is part of the Inn. But, we're paying out of pocket and it adds up kinda fast. I really don't understand how this can be such a "nice" base, yet they're not especially big on helping families.

That's exactly what i was hoping.

Okay, so I just talked to the apartment manager. They ran my husband first (since he is the one actually employed) and he didnt go through because of his deliquencies. But, they were kind enough to run me through, without another app fee! And, using my credit history with his pay, we are able to get it!!!!!!!!!! The only thing is we have to put down one months rent as the deposit. Thank goodness I had managed to hide $1000 in my savings account! So, now that all is said and done, I am much happier. Me and Alana are moving in tomorrow!!!!! Thank you all so much for all your kind words and advice.

OMG that is great Katherine! I am SO glad for you!! YAY! see, i told you things were going to be ok
biggrin.gif
:hugs:

YAH!! Glad you got your app through! Hope it continues to work out for you!!

Katherine, that is wonderful news! I hope that you and your little one have a safe move and that everything goes smoothly and that you settle into your new place quickly
smile.gif

Ok, I don't get it . . . the Army makes you move but doesn't give you a place to live?

Something seems wrong with that picture . . .

Glad it is working out for you, though
smile.gif

Warmly,

Brandi

Now that's just wrong..... They (we) should pay what ever it costs to house you guys where ever you can stay!!! Government...... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... Hope ya find something affordable soon!!!

I am glad this hurdle is over and you have the security of knowing that you have a home to live in!

I know that in a lot of cities, people whose homes aren't selling due to the bad market have actually been renting their homes out to prevent foreclosure! I noticed this recently when I took a trip to DC - a lot of them have "FOR RENT" signs out on the street but aren't listed on apartment sites or in the paper. So maybe when you get there you might find a home to rent when your new lease expires! There is always hope, right?!! Good luck to you! I am still unpacking from moving four months ago, and it SUCKS!

hugss.gif
Thank ya'll a lot for everything. When I was freaking out yesterday and couldnt talk to my husband, and everybody I know was at work, this is where I came. And ya'll helped me feel so much better.

Karren, that's one of the nicest things I've ever heard. It's always nice to hear from someone who seems to appreciate our military.

Sherry, I completely understand. I moved into Eric's house back in 2005, and when I left this past December I still had boxes that hadnt been unpacked. Mainly because of space problems, but I still hated the idea that I had things hidden away!

i'm very happy to hear you guys found a place to stay. i bet that takes a lot of worries off your chest!

it just doesn't make sense to me why they would want to relocate ya'll, then not want to help you with living assistance, even if all the housing on base were full, they could have did something. it pisses me off kinda. after all, your husband, along with our many other loved ones are serving this country.

Back