I'm an aunt again! yay! (*long*)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My nephew was born this morning - a bit premature and tiny but safe. My sister had a really difficult pregnancy near the end - she had pre-eclampsia, and her blood pressure was way way too high (then her loser boyfriend lost his job two weeks ago which made it even higher!) it was just a nightmare. So even though he wasnt meant to be here until April 10, on Wednesday they told her they would take her in for a C-Section (cos he was breach) on Friday, but then on Thursday he decided to turn round the right way.

So they gave her drugs to start her labour off about 7.30pm Friday but absolutely nothing happened at all over the weekend. Then at 10.30am Monday they broke her waters, and about 9pm she had an epidural (after swearing throughout her pregnancy she'd do it without so much as gas and air because "women have been having babies without drugs for hundreds of thousands of years!" lol)

Anyway the baby wasnt liking the drugs that induced labor much and his heartrate kept dropping and they said he was in distress so were preparing for an emergency C-Section but he came out on his own about 00:30am today. (personally I think he was holding out til St Patricks Day was over cos my sister said if he was born then they should call him Patrick, and her idiot boyfriend said no because they have a dog called Paddy so he said if the baby was born on St Patricks Day they would call him Saint!!
tocktock.gif
No wonder the little guy wouldnt budge lol)

Anyway thats the story for now lol. Gonna see him this afternoon so i'll post pictures later if you want but I dunno how cute he'll be yet cos he's a month early, jaundice and only weighed 4lbs 6oz lol i'm sure he'll get cuter as he gets fatter though!

Great having a boy in the family though. My parents had 3 girls, and my older sister has 2 girls so my dad (who grew up with 3 sisters) is pretty pleased to have a boy around for a change
laughing.gif

dude! of course he'll be cute! a hideous, wrinkly, red cutiepie! lol. Seriously though, of course he'll be gorgeous, especially to his family. Holding a new baby is just magic.

I think I agree with you about him holding out until it not being st patricks day.. saint??

anyway, congratulations on your new family member. I can't wait to see photos
biggrin.gif

Oh my goodness, what a sweet little peanut! Congratulations on being an aunt again!

My sister had that too - she had an emergency c-section because she would have died giving birth. She had HELPP(?) syndrome, where your liver and blood pressure are all whacked out.

Please, please, please share pictures. I can't wait to see your new nephew! I love new babies!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

how precious. i'm glad that he is ok, even though he is a premie he'll be ok. lots of babes are born with jaundice too..it's no biggie. and i agree, no wonder he didn't wanna come out on st. patty's day! lol. i'll be waitin' for pics.
smile.gif

Aww congratulations!! He sounds so sweet. Do you know how long he'll have to stay in the hospital?

aww thanks you guys! he's gorgeous! Really really tiny though lol. She said the delivery was pretty straight forward when it got going - only 10 mins of pushing then when he arrived she said "is that it?" and the midwife was like "well unless you're expecting another one...." lol.

He doesnt have a name yet cos she had been planning on Aidan but she says everytime she looks at him she thinks Darren for some reason. So its still undecided.

4816682269a7186139478l.jpg

Thats my hand on the left and my mum's on the right lol this was the very first picture taken of him so my mum had to get in it somehow and stuck her hand in the shot at the last milisecond!

4816682269a7186139526l.jpg

4816682269a7186159555l.jpg

and my poor baby sister (well she'll be 22 next month) absolutely exhausted!

4816682269a7186176646l.jpg

Originally Posted by Maysie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Aww congratulations!! He sounds so sweet. Do you know how long he'll have to stay in the hospital? I think he'll be allowed home tomorrow cos even though hes a month early they said his lungs and all his organs are developed so he's not in an incubator or anything. The only thing they're keeping an eye on is that he doesnt cry. When he was born he cried for about 3 minutes and thats the only noise he's made in 36 hours but they checked his responses and reflexes and it seems ok so he's maybe just really chilled out lol.

Awww....he's adorable! I had the same thing with my daughter and spent the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy in the hospital. But, my daughter is 2 1/2 now and doing just fine. Congrats on the new addition to your family!

Back