Trend Alert: Head Scarves

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Trend Alert: Head Scarves

Russian peasants wore them to cover their hair while working in the fields, Thelma and Louise wore them while driving in their convertible car, Jackie O used them with the signature sunglasses to make a statement, D&G accessorized their Fall 08 RTW models with printed ones, and lastly Leighton Meester wore a head scarf on the set of "Gossip Girl" this morning in New York City.
This last event officially confirmed the comeback of the head scarves as a major trend. So ladies, tight them in the front, go for bold prints and pair it with some big sunglasses.
Just think how perfect they could be for the "bad hair" days!

Source

I love head scarves...I wonder if I can still wear them even though I've cut my hair short?

I've seen people wearing them but I don't know if I'm brave enough to do it myself.. I always feel a little bit foolish in hats and head scarves. Not sure why!

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love head scarves...I wonder if I can still wear them even though I've cut my hair short? Me too and I'd say anyone can wear them... Sounds like a great D2B.... Scarves!!

I love that look myself, I don't have a scarf like that, maybe its something I might try to see how it looks.

i've been wanting to try the look, but like rosie, i feel a bit awkward. :S like it doesn't fit me or somethin'...but i'm gonna try it! i know it'll be in this spring/summer.

I love scarves and I wish I could wear them, but not tied like that. Tied at the back does not work for me. I cannot make them stay put as they slide of my head. Any tips how to make them stay properly on my head, ladies? Thanks

I LOVE them and always wear, no matter it's in fashion or not
smile.gif
But not like the female peasant, but tied it on another way

It's very old school hollywood glam, like in the old movies when they'd be in convertables and they'd have on gorgeous scarfs to protect their immaculate hair. I like the look, but I think I'd look silly wearing one.

Originally Posted by puncturedskirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love scarves but I don't really like them worn like that.. lol I agree! I have always liked them when worn folded, like a headband- but the only problem is they never stay in my hair.

Originally Posted by audrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love scarves and I wish I could wear them, but not tied like that. Tied at the back does not work for me. I cannot make them stay put as they slide of my head. Any tips how to make them stay properly on my head, ladies? Thanks I tie them behind my head and use a bobby pin right above each ear to hold the scarf in place. It works really well and the pins don't stand out at all.

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tie them behind my head and use a bobby pin right above each ear to hold the scarf in place. It works really well and the pins don't stand out at all. Thank you very very much, dear!!!!

Back