I can drink coffee again...yippee!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided to give up coffee/Starbucks for Lent. o...m...g! I never knew how hard it would be. I usually drink coffee like every day and multiple cups. I go to Starbucks at least 3 times a week. It has been ridiculous! I had a headache for the first week and have been lagging lately. I am so excited! Tomorrow I am getting up early to go to Starbucks. I can't wait!

20080323-mu1afs8jdqgp6hjpq4561i72fa.jpg

I also decided that I will be curbing my Starbucks habit and only go one a week now ~ make it a treat. However, I will be brewing coffee at home.

For those of you who gave up something for Lent, how did you do?

awesome! aww, I totally understand how you feel about starbucks! I'd miss it too, it's my pick-me-up treat. It's scary to think that you had withdrawal symptoms though, it makes me worry about the amount of coffee I drink. What if we ever run out? I can't think of anything worse.

Anyway, I'm glad that you did so well for lent! good on you!

Way to go!
biggrin.gif
I haven't given anything up for Lent in a long time. If I did it would be Diet Coke, but I don't think I could do it.

I tried to give up Tim Hortons Im severly addicted to it it only lasted a week

.. i had a weird feeling in my back throat since I stopped & then it went away after i started up again

You are much stronger than me. HAHA!

I didn't give anything up, but I had some co-workers who did and they were successful!

lol. enjoy your Starbucks coffee. enjoy also brewing yours, it always tastes better that way.

LOL!! Good for you Marisol! I'm not Catholic so I didn't give up anything. I don't know how you did it either. I would be in deep sh&% without my coffee everyday!

Well i gave up soda and I cant believe i lasted 40 days!! I live for soda, so yeah i have a cup of soda on my desk as im typing this. haha

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well i gave up soda and I cant believe i lasted 40 days!! I live for soda, so yeah i have a cup of soda on my desk as im typing this. haha Woot woot!

*congrats* on sticking to it! i don't know what i would do without my iced coffee! lol

Thats an awesome accomplishment Marisol! I dunno if I could give up something I loved that much for 40 days.

I always thought starbucks was sorta overrated until I recently tried their caramel frappuccino; omg LOVE!

Originally Posted by 4getmeNot /img/forum/go_quote.gif *congrats* on sticking to it! i don't know what i would do without my iced coffee! lol Originally Posted by Maysie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thats an awesome accomplishment Marisol! I dunno if I could give up something I loved that much for 40 days. I always thought starbucks was sorta overrated until I recently tried their caramel frappuccino; omg LOVE!

Thank you both! I really enjoyed my first sip of my caramel machiato.

Good for you!. All this talk about coffee though is making me want a Cookies and Cream Mocha from Gloria Jeans... (Sorry, I'm not really a fan of Starbucks..haha)
smile.gif

All right!!! I'm weak and have a hard time giving up anything... I never acquired a taste for coffee... Wish I had because coffee is always free at work and at the mines and diet coke is never free.. Caffine's caffine its just the delivery system that's diffetent! Lol.

Coffee smells so good when it brewing I just can't stand the taste...... They should make it taste like chocolate.....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Back