Puppy Mills on Oprah

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys! I know this is a make up forum, but I know alot of us are animal lovers and we don't use products that are tested on animals or made from animals in a cruel way. So please watch Oprah today on Channel 7 at 3:00 pm (That's for Southern California) It may have aired already in some states but they usually air it again later tonite around midnight. I'm stuck at work but I'm watching it tonite for sure.

Puppy Mills are breeding facilities that breeds hundreds and thousands of puppies for the sole purpose of money. Most or all of these dogs are kept in cages all their life, barely have food or water, and live in their feces.

Do NOT buy a puppy from a Pet Store, any pet store!

Please pass this information on!

OMG! =[ Thank you for sharing this, I've been looking for a puppy. But I think I want to adopt one from the shelter to save its life instead! =]

Do not purchase expensive, purebreed kittens from a pet store - they are bred in kitten mills.

Traunit described puppy mills perfectly. The life of kittens in a mill is no different.

I watched Oprah today! It really opened my eyes to things I didn't know where going on. I will definately buy from a responsible breeder or a shelter in the future. For those of you that watched it, wasn't Shrimp's transformation amazing??

I've had 3 dogs and all of them were adopted through a shelter. It's sad about puppy mills or any other mills really
frown.gif

Darn I missed this show today. It is so sad and horrible what these animals go through. I hate puppy and cat mills. I have seen a few stories about them and it is just sick. When I had a dog I adopted her from a shelter. The only places I will adopt or buy from is a shelter or breeder.

It had already aired here in NY when you posted this. All the animals my family or I have ever owned were strays we adopted or that we saved from a shelter.

Originally Posted by laurreenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif are all puppies from the pet store from a puppy mill? On Oprah, they said it was close to 99%.

I watched it, and it defonitely brought up some good points. When some one buys a dog either go to a rescue or go to a GOOD breeder. Good breeders actually lose money on each puppy they sell because of everything they have invested into the health and quality of the puppies. Good breeders have MAYBE one litter a year, and only if they have access to two amazing dogs that are worth breeding. Good breeders offer all kinds of guarantees about the health/conformation of their puppies, so if they get sick you get your money back/get a new dog etc. They are confident that their dodgs are the best.

I watched it holding my kitty.

It was rather disturbing and very very sad. I can't believe how horrible they treat these poor animals.

that's horrible and so sad. i had no idea that was the case. i got one of my puppies from a pet store ;(

I watched it. It made me cry
frown.gif
We got all of our cats from the humane society shelter
smile.gif

The Pet store in my Town are Kittens and Puppies from Local citizens
smile.gif

I never got to see it

I have seen kittens for sale in pet stores, for $20 to $30 each.

I believe these are just regular kittens that someone brought in, because they never spayed or neutered the kitties parents - forget the correct terminology.

A good opportunity to encourage everyone to spay and neuter their pets.

Had to bump because I just saw this right now. Had me in tears. I just kept imagining my own dogs in those conditions and being euthanized (sp?). Horrible.

And years ago we had to give up my poor labrador/cocker spaniel mixed dog to the animal shelter because he was too big to really take care of so we gave it to my grandma who had him for years and my grandma didn't want him no more (stupid cow had him sleeping outside all the time, chained). I just always wondered what happen to him. Wish we kept him... we was SUCH a sweet dog. Tears me up just thinking about it...

Ugh, folks! Adopt! They said adoption centers always have the type/age/condition of dog you want.

It leaves me speechless to think how horrible God's creatures are treated. I cherish my four fur babies.

puppy mills are really sad. I got my big dog from a well researched breeder....Our little dog was bought at a pet store and then given to an animal rescue at 6 months and we adopted him. He is the sweetest little guy.

We get our pets from neighbors or relatives or the local Humain Society Shelter....

Back