Mascara---AGH!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's a tip on how to not have your mascara leave spots on upper eyelids after applying it?

It never fails, I can put on my mascara thee very last thing and I'm always getting black marks from it on my upper lids.

Thank you!
rockwoot.gif

After you've applied your mascara, try closing your eyes and waiting for a few seconds. See if that helps
smile.gif

Try tilting your head backwards when applying, it seems to help. It puts the lashes at a different angle to your lid, so you won't get the mascara on the lid. Then just keep your head tilted back SLIGHTLY for a few minutes until the lashes dry - don't break your neck or anything, just a bit of a tilt =) It will make you look down more, so the lashes aren't as likely to brush against your skin.

Hope this helps!! =)

I have this problem too, especially when I'm using mascaras with a huge wand, like Diorshow. The only solution is to look down to your mirror while putting on the mascara, so maybe you should use a smaller mirror that you can hold a lot lower than your face.

this happens with my Full N Soft because of the big brush. I once read somebody put a tab of scotch tape of her lids when applying and then removed. I just use a q-tip to wipe as best as i can.

Tilt your head back as you apply the mascara, also take it slow, you don't have to do it in less than 10 seconds... Once you apply it, wait a while with your eyes either shut or not open all the way so that it has the chance to dry, it sounds as if your mascara is a very wet one in which case it takes them longer to dry and they can also mark your lids if you open your eyes all the way.

If it only happens after you put it on the top then on the bottom, do the bottom lashes first. If you are putting mascara on the lower lashes second, then you run the risk of placing dots on your skin by a mascara that is not quite dry...

I saw a video on youtube of some one who put a credit card behind their upper lashes while applying so that it acted as a shield and no mascara ended up on the lid.

Look down into a hand held mirror while applying. This keeps the lashes away from the upper lid.

i do mine very carefully. and even have put like pieces of paper above my lash line so that if i get mascara off my lashes, then it'll be on the pice of paper.

I always look down on a mirror and sweep out as oppose to up. This prevents from having to do you're e/s twice. Some ppl also apply mascara first and then a second coat after they've done their eye mu

Back