Dandruff Shampoo?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations on NICE smelling and EFFECTIVE dandruff shampoo? I've never had dandruff up until 2-3 years ago, and it's still really peeving me out.

I love love love Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp formula. I use the 2 in one and the conditioner. I always get what some people call "Cradle Cap", which is when you get alot of like, flaky build up at the scalp. My stylist reccomended this and I haven't been flaky since! It smells nice too, really clean, not too flowery, but not mediciney either. I also use tree tree oil as a hot oil scalp treatment every 2 weeks or so, and it helps alot! Good luck!!

I also agree with the head and shoulders. They have a lot of different kinds now.

thanks for mentioning T-Gel. honestly, in the past when i've used it i didn't like the texture. but it's effective too.

try also switching to a really gentle product (without sodium laureth sulfate). i've never had any dandruff since i abandoned the regular, supermarket shampoos.

I'm not a fan of Head & Shoulders, as it never did anything for my hair.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by chococat123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not a fan of Head and shoulders. Try Neutrogena T-gel or any shampoo that has tea tree oil in it. Thanks for the rec! I'm looking around for a shampoo with tea tree oil and so far I've found Kiehl's. I might give that a try!

Originally Posted by *Melody* /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does anyone have any recommendations on NICE smelling and EFFECTIVE dandruff shampoo? I've never had dandruff up until 2-3 years ago, and it's still really peeving me out.

hello

i also had the same problem i used

meted anti dandruff shampoo and result was amazing .

ditto on the head & shoulders! it works & smells good, plus they've upgraded the line a lot from what it used to be.

they have other kinds that are more medicated but don't smell as good like selsun blue. i would just smell each product & choose for yourself..

Head & Shoulder's doesn't work for me. I've tried Neutrogena's T-Gel and that was ok. I found the most effective one was Nizoral AD. It doesn't smell great, but you can follow it with your usually shampoo conditioner. The trick is to massage it into your scalp very well, and let it sit for 5 to 15 minutes!

The 5-15 minutes is crucial. The amount of time you let it sit, depends on how bad your dandruff is. I was having trouble eliminating my dandruff and my derm told me to leave it on for 15 minutes - I did it twice in two weeks and I haven't had a problem since. I'll use the shampoo about once a month now, just to make sure it doesn't come back. Prior to the 15 minute sessions I was using the shampoo 4-5 times a week!

I am a fan of head and shoulders too. I don't know what type of hair you have, but I branched out and tried Mizani's Scalp Care Shampoo. It worked really well and it really helped to eleveate the itching too.
rockwoot.gif
WHOOOO...Mizani!!!!

What is really important to remember though when you are dealing with dandruff is to make sure you don't use your nails washing your hair. Gently massage your scalp. Scratching your scalp does not remove the dandruff, but may aggrevate the situation. I have thick long hair so I know I sometimes feel like I need to go to work when working my shampoo lather. It is not necessary. You can be gentle and thourough at the same time.

The shampoo i always reccomend clients to use is the

Kerastase - 'Bain Gommage'

We use it in salon too, as part of our treatments.

It rehydrates the scalp and keeps it from going dry and flaky.

It's also very light so it wont weigh fair hair down,

and because it focuses on moisturising the hair, it wont dry it out like many other anti-dandruff shampoos may.

Some may think it is a little pricey $29USD (approx) - but it lasts for a loonnng time as you do not need to apply that much...

and yea..it smell nice haha

I had received a sample of Head & Shoulders Smooth and Silky Collection through the mail and I finally used it a few weeks ago cause i noticed i had dandruff myself...And omg!! it worked sooo good it smelled good and worked great. I remember i used head and shoulders years back and it did not work good, things have changed cause this one worked well for me!
7b.gif

my kids both got dandruff at different times when going through hormonal changes of puberty, head and shoulders in the bottle labeled 'refresh' is great smelling and took care of the problem within just a few days, it smells great and clean

Back