Is this too much for one outfit?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
usually it's either earrings OR necklace but if this is worn together do you think it's too much with a strapless dress?

Love to hear your comments
smile.gif
thx

This is the dress but is the ribbon suppose to be worn like that or tied up, cos it seems too short to be tied into a bow..

I think it's fine.
smile.gif
They're fairly simple, so I don't think wearing them together would be too much.

kinda depends on the dress. if there is a lot going on (pattern, lace, etc) then maybe not. but if its more on the classic or simple side, it would definately be okay.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think it's fine.
smile.gif
They're fairly simple, so I don't think wearing them together would be too much. That's what I was hoping but I find the pearl pendent to be more eyecatching than I thought.

Originally Posted by tuna_fish /img/forum/go_quote.gif kinda depends on the dress. if there is a lot going on (pattern, lace, etc) then maybe not. but if its more on the classic or simple side, it would definately be okay.
smile.gif
The dress is not a simple dress lol if by simple you mean single colour/texture. However, it's not a super busy dress either I don't think..

I think they would be elegant together. BUT if the dress is "busy", I would forego the necklace and shimmer my shoulders instead, and just rock the earrings..

If it's a fairly solid color dress, then it's fine, especially being that the dress is strapless. If it's a busy print then I'd leave the necklace at home and maybe dust a light bronzer across my neckline

I'd never wear a necklace with a strapless dress. I think it sorts of ruins the line and way it looks. I'd just go for the earrings.

okie dokie, i think I'll leave the necklace Thanks everyone
biggrin.gif
it was such a big dilemma for the longest time lol

They're simple items, so not too much at all. Though it all depends on the dress, but generally, no! Matching sets can look lovely.

I wouild agree with the others...

if the dress is busy then just rock the earrings. If the dress is plainer then you can probably get away with both, although, as Simply said, it could ruin the neckline, depending on the dress, to wear the necklace.

I like both items, it's just more a case of whether the pendant adds or takes away, type thing.

well the neckline is just a straight cut (straight across) so I don't know if that changes anyone's view?

i guess i'm the lone dissenter. i think it's too matchy matchy. personally i wouldn't wear them together, but that's just me.

they look great together simple and classic as long as the dress isnt super busy go for it

I would also have to say it all depends on the dress. how about posting a picture so that we can compare how the jewelery will look with the dress?

Originally Posted by SewAmazing /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think they would be elegant together. BUT if the dress is "busy", I would forego the necklace and shimmer my shoulders instead, and just rock the earrings.. Ditto, ditto, ditto.

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah!!! they look good together.... So what shoes you going to wear? I posted a pic of the shoes a while ago but I'm pretty sure I deleted it on my account lol but they are silver with metallicy snakeskin pattern on the band and a gemmed buckle (if this makes any sense), the heel also has designs on it. It may sound like there's a lot going on, but it looks really nice together
smile.gif

Back