Drug Store MMU

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need foundation now. I only use mineral but my mainstay isn't working and I have only about 2 days of samples from the past left.

I'm ordering like crazy samples from different companies last night and tonight but until they get here can anybody recommend a decent "mineral makeup" foundation from a drugstore that can get me through my days until some of my orders arrive? Can't use BE it just itches me too much.

Also, any favorite foundation recommendations from people who used in the past Lumiere's FF and for whatever reason decided to move to something different?

Thanks

Sorry I can't help you with the drugstore brand mineral foundations. I read through the reviews for some clues for you but not too many good reviews on them.

One good review was for Maybellines Mineral Concealer? I haven't tried that either so maybe just try any of them, Revlon's perhaps and just hang in their until your orders start rolling in.

Out of curiosity who have you ordered from?

Thanks. I read them too and so many more negative reviews than positive. I just wanted the best of the evil since I'm in a pinch.

I've ordered from:

BFM, Monave, Cory, Meow, UGG, Lumiere - Cashmere

Pure Luxe, KT Naturals, EDM, Joppa, Aubrey Nicole, and that's not all but I can't recall off hand right now,

and I'm going to place some more orders but am trying to figure out my color in foundation.

I can recommend Milani Compact Mineral Makeup.

It has really nice coverage, gives a smooth finish and keeps you matte but not dry.

Hmmm Revlon's is a lot better than Physcians and a little better than Maybelline and covergirl's. Never tried Milani's. Depending on your complexion you may want to wait because I'm brown and didn't have luck with avoiding a chalky look even with just a little bit of product.

I've repurchased L'Oreal Bare Naturale mineral foundation several times. I use it mainly at work where I sweat a lot because it lasts longer than real MMU. I always get compliments on it from coworkers.

the only true mineral foundation is Physicians formula. all the other brands that claim to be mineral are barely different from regular powder. in order for a powder to be mineral, it shouldn't have talc in it. and personally, knowing what talc can do to people, i wouldn't wear any foundation or powder that had talc in it

I'm pretty sure Physician's has talc, too, IIRC.

Unfortunately, any makeup at all can be called "mineral makeup", so long as some of it is mineral-based. So if it has iron oxide in it, or mica, they can slap Mineral on the name. And technically, talc *is* a mineral. Not a good one, but one nonetheless.

Originally Posted by Stellaria /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm pretty sure Physician's has talc, too, IIRC.Unfortunately, any makeup at all can be called "mineral makeup", so long as some of it is mineral-based. So if it has iron oxide in it, or mica, they can slap Mineral on the name. And technically, talc *is* a mineral. Not a good one, but one nonetheless.

Physicians doesn't have any talc. it is the one "true" MMU. there is no talc on the ingredients list and the powders say talc free on them, so does the liquid foundation. i know that some of the eyeshadows have talc in them, but i don't think that any of the eyeshadows have it as the first ingredient. also, the eyeshadows do not state that they are mineral, at least not that i remember.Also, my mother used to sell a line of make up called Nuskin, sold in a similar fashion to avon, and the company strived to be the healthiest for everything. thats all my mom would use, and when she read the label on the PF, she agreed to try it, and to let me try it. she won't allow anyone in our house to use anything with talc

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear(pressed foundation)

Ingredients:

Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Squalane, Zinc Oxide, Boron Nitride, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

I would probably go with physicians formula, and I've heard that alot of people really like it.

Stellaria, it probably was. i'm pretty sure my mom said the lack of talc overrode the parabens, in her opinion

whtrbt: yes, a lot do. heck, the three girls in my family all use it (different products for differnt problems and ages, but we hardly ever all agree on something).

I think Maybelline's mineral power foundation (powder and liquid) is really good and so is the concealer-- melts right into the skin and is great for undereye circles. The pressed finishing veil powder is also good!
smile.gif

Hi Yola, If you haven't gotten your samples yet another MuT'r gave raving reviews for Revlons colorstay mineral makeup so that might be one to try till you get your orders.

I would suggest trying Revlon's Colorstay as well. They regular Colorstay foundation was so popular i'm sure this one will follow suit.

Well I wanted to update on how things went during my interim using mineral makeup from the drugstore until my first supply of samples began to arrive.

Actually based on Laurie Lu's, NYL's, and Emmy's suggestions I bought Revlon's, L'Oreals's, and Maybellines. I couldn't find a proper color in Physicians or Milani's otherwise I would have purchased those as well just to have experience. I didn't try Covergirl's as none of you ladie's suggested it so....

My results were quite good with all 3 actually. No irritation and no chalkiness though I am a warm/golden medium complexion. I can say that I probably prefer by far the concept and composition of true mineral makeup without so many additives that each of these drugstore brands contain but they all 3 served their purpose well. In fact the Revlon really lasts amazingly well for quite a long time with no touch ups.

Funny thing is that when my first samples arrived I wore them immediately and it was a shade or two too dark. At work my coworker commented to me that my foundation made my face look dirty. She's a good friend and we're constantly talking and shopping makeup so it was appropriate.

Thank you everyone who took the time to comment and offer suggestions
smile.gif

Thanks for updating us on your drugstore MMU experiences. Do you think you liked the Revlon brand the best?

Back