Ekkkkkkk............. It's Friday the 13th!!!!!!!!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just realized that todays Friday the 13th!!! I hate this day.... 13 years ago half my department was layed off on a Friday the 13th.... Some joke!!!

Think I'm going back home and go back to bed!!

Anyone else love Friday the 13th too?

I don't like Friday the 13th at all! Luckily I finished all of my exams yesterday, I would have been scared if I had one today. I think I'll stay in all of today!

The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia,[1], a word derived from the concatenation of the Greek words Paraskeví (Παρασκευή) (meaning Friday), and dekatreís (δεκατρείς) (meaning thirteen), attached to phobía (φοβία) (meaning fear). The term is a specialized form of triskaidekaphobia, a simple phobia (fear) of the number thirteen appearing in any case.

Karren, you got it. Fortunately by tomorrow you everything will revert back to normal.

My Friday the 13th was a great day! I guess 13 can be lucky too
wink.gif

Well its already weird!!! I went downstairs and bought a packet of trail mix... And then my boss asked me a question when I got back upstairs.. So I got distracted.. And now my snack has vanished!!!! I can't find it anywhere!!!

did you find it again K? That's so awful that your whole department got laid off on a friday the 13th, that is so inappropriate!

my fri 13th was pretty average. Nothing weird. But it's only 10:40, who knows what could happen in the next hour and 20 mins? LOL

Hey Bec, perfect SCARF weather today where you are, with wind chill, it was supposed to be minus 2 degrees celcius! now that is something to really EEEK about
biggrin.gif

I love it 'cause every 7 years my bday is a friday the 13th
smile.gif
I heard on the radio this morning that some statisticians came up with that there are actually less accidents/crime/bad things happening on a friday the 13th than any other friday. So according to them we're safe today. How do these people come up with these things?

I've never had anything bad or good happen on Friday the 13th so it really doesnt effect me. Well except that my dog actually didnt put up a fight his morning when she had to go in her kennel?? lol

Oh Im freaking out as well. I'm traveling to florida and didn't notice the date til today!! its gonna be a 12 hour drive there and then we're coming right back.

Originally Posted by Arielle123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love it 'cause every 7 years my bday is a friday the 13th
smile.gif
I heard on the radio this morning that some statisticians came up with that there are actually less accidents/crime/bad things happening on a friday the 13th than any other friday. So according to them we're safe today. How do these people come up with these things? lol!
I guess because all the criminals are superstitious and think that if they come out today and commit crimes they'll get caught?

Funnily enough though, these so-called 'statiscians' actually get PAID to find these things out lol.

I dont really have a problem with Friday 13th. Nothing bad happened to me today apart from getting a really bad headache
frown.gif

Port Dover, Ontario embraces Friday the 13th.

Whenever it occurs, bikers get on their hogs, and ride to the Port.

The population of Port Dover is about 5,000.

Today is a big party - they are hoping for over 10,000 motorcycles today!

I'm not superstitious, but my boyfriend likes to have keggers on Friday the 13th. I'm getting too old for this! lol

I had an ex who was born on Friday the 13th.

For me, it holds no significance. Just any other friday
smile.gif

I'm not very supersticious but when I woke up today I had a weird feeling. I just didn't want to leave the house and I didn't even realise then that it was friday 13th! But I had to go out and quite a few people have told me I've been acting strangley.

I kinda like Friday the 13th!

Nothing crazy here.....just plans to BBQ and then after the kiddos go to bed I am going to try my sexy lips D2B!!!

But just in case, everyone stay safe!
smile.gif

Back