Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Swatches

I don't have all the MSFs, I'm missing the super rare ones like Pleasureflush, Stereorose, Metal Rock, and Gold Deposit. I'm also missing a few others like Porcelain Pink, and New Vegas.

Lightscapade.jpg

Petticoat.jpg

LightFlush.jpg

Glissade.jpg

Glissade2.jpg

NorthernLight.jpg

Shimpagne.jpg

ShootingStar.jpg

GlobalGlow.jpg

GoldSpill.jpg

Warmed.jpg

SoCeylon.jpg

Here's a comparison of the two Glissades I have. The left one seems smoother, less glittery.

GlissadeComparison.jpg

Please feel free to add your own swatches of MSFs to this thread!

I have Pleasureflush, Stereo Rose, Porcelian Pink, New Vegas and Gold Deposit so I can make swatch for this thread. I will post my picture tomorrow.

I know that Aquilah has Metal Rock so maybe she can swatch it. Great idea Ashley!

Ooh, Lightscapade is really pretty! I have Porcelain Pink and Shimpagne but I hardly ever use them so I'm selling them. Hope I don't regret it! LOL

Originally Posted by AprilRayne View Post
Ooh, Lightscapade is really pretty! I have Porcelain Pink and Shimpagne but I hardly ever use them so I'm selling them. Hope I don't regret it! LOL
Oh no! Those are some pretty colors. On your skin tone you can use them as highlighters and they would look awesome. Have you ever used them with Fix+? That might make all the difference.

Originally Posted by Marisol View Post
Oh no! Those are some pretty colors. On your skin tone you can use them as highlighters and they would look awesome. Have you ever used them with Fix+? That might make all the difference.
No, I haven't! How do I do it, just spritz my brush first or spray my face after? PP hardly shows up on me it seems and I do like Shimpagne, but I seriously hardly use it. I've been using High Beam lately and I'm loving that!

Ooh, don't do it! I think Shimpagne and Lightscapade are staple MSFs, and I think Porcelain Pink would look so pretty on you.

P.S.

Thanks Marisol! Can't wait to see swatches of Pleasureflush!

Originally Posted by AprilRayne View Post
No, I haven't! How do I do it, just spritz my brush first or spray my face after? PP hardly shows up on me it seems and I do like Shimpagne, but I seriously hardly use it. I've been using High Beam lately and I'm loving that!
They way I do it is I spray my 187 brush with Fix+ (2 or 3 spritzes) and then I dip it in the MSF. Then I apply it on my face. It gives you a better color payoff and a glazed look. Not greasy but i feel like it stays on longer. Try it out. You can use any brush. I think I may be darker than you and PP shows up on me.

Thanks for the swatches, Ashley!

I've actually sold off two of my MSFs! lol! Northern Lights because I never used it and I liked Glissade better. I also sold my Shimpagne because it's too dark for me to use as a highlighter, but too frosty/shimmery for a bronzer! bawling.gif

Here's New Vegas and Porcelain Pink on me (I should have used a flash like you did, so you can see the shimer! Doh!):

28894-MACNewVegas.JPG

28894-MACPorcelainPink.JPG

P.S. Sorry for the scary splotchy pink finger! I must've been squeezing it!

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl View Post
I've actually sold off two of my MSFs! lol! Northern Lights because I never used it and I liked Glissade better.
Don't worry, Shaundra! Northern Lights went to a good home! biggrin.gif I'm totally loving it!!! heart.gif

Oh, Celly, your pic is much more representative of Light Flush than mine. My pic doesn't even make it seem pink!

Omg they all look so pretty !! Im a mac virgin and havent tried any mac yet (sigh) haha..*puts head down in shame* lol. The shooting star one looks like it would be a great shimmer bronze colour.

Wouldn't you know it, I see this thread and then look at the MAC website and they aren't even available. bawling.gif

Not that I should be looking on my no buy or anything ... whistling.gif

Originally Posted by internetchick View Post
Wouldn't you know it, I see this thread and then look at the MAC website and they aren't even available. bawling.gif

Not that I should be looking on my no buy or anything ... whistling.gif

Yeah, they're limited edition. That's part of the reason they're so popular is that they're hard to get (especially the older ones).

You can try our "for sale" forum, "in search of" forum, swaps forum, or eBay if you're intersted in getting one. smile.gif

There have been a few popping up at CCOs lately, namely Lightscapade, Glissade, and Gold Spill. However, I'm pretty sure most Lightscapades are gone now.

Petticoat, So Ceylon AND Gold Deposit MSF's are being re-released in October!!! I think its for the Sheer Minerals collection!!!!!!!!!!! Its on Specktra.