July Parent Check-In!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What’s new with you and your kids?

Me:

Well our daycare person has been on vacation for 2 weeks, and my mom has been taking care of Maverick. At his in-home daycare, the lady takes care 6 kids total. Mav has been there since he was 15 months old.

He's been with my mom this last 2 weeks, and he’s been starting to really talk. Most of it is sort of slurry, and still a lot of grunts instead of asking for something, but he’s really trying!!!

As many of you know- I have been freaking out about how little Maverick is talking, especially compared to his cousins who are his age, but he’s a smart enough boy- can figure things out just by seeing other people do something.

Also, a lot of you know that Maverick has been a little anorexic vegetarian (I kid, but not really)- just hasn’t grasped eating well, and refusing meat all together. But since my mom has been watching him during the day- Maverick has been eating really well during all his meals and has ventured into meats!!! Turkey and roast beef just yesterday.

I now fully believe that daycare is stunting his progress. And I don’t know what to do about that.

Oh boy just when I think Giovanni's temper couldn't get any worse, it does lol. My husband bought a Nintendo DS for Christmas and me being a Mario fan, got several games of Mario as well. My son of course, loves to watch me play and loves the game himself.

For the past couple months, I've just let him play the game instead of keeping an eye on him while he plays, for 30 minutes or an hour on Friday and the weekend whenever he wants, since he's learned that he does not hit the screen who chunk it. WELL, lately his been addicted to it even wanting it during the week which I won't allow because he'll sit there for hours nonstop. And he won't even play it himself! He'll ask me every two minutes to make Mario jump which forgoes the whole point of him playing alone. I see me giving him the game as a way to catch a break by myself while he's entertained.

Everytime I get home, he starts clamoring for Mario start crying hysterically to the point where he's screaming on top of his lungs out of anger. Obviously, I know better than to let him play. He hasn't played it in two weeks and his routine is getting OLD. Man I'm tired.

Alex is turning 9 July 14th. I can't believe he's that old! He's out of school for summer, so we're just hanging out most days. I try to keep him busy by going and doing fun activities. He got into some trouble because he scratched the heck out of my car window with a nail trying to "break" the window to get some candy in there. I was not pleased!!

Brayden is cutting his first tooth! It's so cute! He's still not sleeping well at night. I don't know what to do about it because I don't really agree with crying it out. He's not crawling yet but the doc says that's fine. He'll be 10 months June 28. They get big so fast.

Alana will be 3 June 28th and she's driving me nuts, getting into everything. I took a nap a couple of days ago and woke up with kitty litter in every room in the house, except for mine. Lets not forget I'm pregnant and not supposed to be around kitty litter. I was highly livid. And she has this horrible attitude that I'm having a hard time breaking. Terrible 2's/3's are hitting HARD, and I'm having a lot of trouble trying to do this by myself while in the miserable stage of pregnancy.

My grape is looking well, we saw him today and his little heart was beating away!

I forgot to list Mav's Age!!! Sunday he turns 2!

Wow, maybe its the weather or summer or something in the air that's causing all our kids to be menaces lately!!! hahaha Mav has been screaming at the top of his lungs as well too and just having freak outs when things don't go his way.

Ya, must be something because Cougar is driving me crazy!!!! He'll be 3 in August. He refuses to sit on the potty, he will hold it for hours. And last week he asked to take a nap at 11 am, which he doesn't usually take one until around 2pm. Anyway I put a pull-up on him and layed him down. My daughter was sleeping so I thought GREAT!!! A few minutes later he opens his door, and says Mommy I'm stinky! He held it, then asked to go to bed cause he knew I'd put a diaper on him!!!!! He still tries to do it and now I have caught on and put him on the potty. Sneaky little smarty, or should I say stinky pants!

Audrey is my little ray of light. I look forward to alone time with her everyday. Her birthday party went well and I can't believe she is already 1! She had really bad tummy trouble so I had to stop breastfeeding when she was like 3 months, anyway she is off formula now and on whole milk and solids. Yay for my bank account!

Hope evryone's little ones are happy and healthy!

I guess I can now post here. My baby girl was born Friday June 20th so she's 13 days old today. All she does is cry, sleep, eat, and poop. Hopefully next month I'll have more to tell.

Lets see...

My baby boy is 3 months old and will be turning 4 months on the 18th. =) I bought him a BUMBO seat because hes starting to want to sit but his head is too heavy for him still, with support he does fine.

Hes a charmer always smiling whenever you talk to him...makes our day even better every day. Hes a chatter... loves his new swing..loves to take a bath. Its a must for him especially when its hot he does his lil crying fit.

He weighs around 15 pounds..but well see if hell gain more on the 18th..hes scheduled for his 2nd vaccinations. I hate those...i hate seeing him cry because of all the needles he has to deal with.:cry:

He hates tummy time but i still do it for ateast 5 minutes to streghten his neck...and oh yeah he is one spoiled baby by his grandparents ( both side).

With all this Cougar and Maverick talk, i'm jones'n the movie TOP GUN!

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mom has been taking care of Maverick.

Originally Posted by kdmakeuparts /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ya, must be something because Cougar is driving me crazy!!!!

Originally Posted by XkrissyX /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lets see...

My baby boy is 3 months old and will be turning 4 months on the 18th. =) I bought him a BUMBO seat because hes starting to want to sit but his head is too heavy for him still, with support he does fine.

Hes a charmer always smiling whenever you talk to him...makes our day even better every day. Hes a chatter... loves his new swing..loves to take a bath. Its a must for him especially when its hot he does his lil crying fit.

He weighs around 15 pounds..but well see if hell gain more on the 18th..hes scheduled for his 2nd vaccinations. I hate those...i hate seeing him cry because of all the needles he has to deal with.:cry:

He hates tummy time but i still do it for ateast 5 minutes to streghten his neck...and oh yeah he is one spoiled baby by his grandparents ( both side).

Baby

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...cture009-1.jpg

Baby and Husband

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...ure005-1-1.jpg

Aw, I effin love my little god son. He makes me smile like crazy. So cute...

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) /img/forum/go_quote.gif With all this Cougar and Maverick talk, i'm jones'n the movie TOP GUN! LMAO!!!!! They would be quite a set as friends wouldn't they?!
lol.gif

Topanga just turned 10 on Sunday and over the past six months it has become apparent that she is no longer a little girl.

Charisma is six and is quite and shy at first glance but she is fiercely independent as well.

Bodaway is three months and seems to be in the midst of a growth spurt. I can't believe how big he is already.

Originally Posted by oobladi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Topanga just turned 10 on Sunday and over the past six months it has become apparent that she is no longer a little girl.
Charisma is six and is quite and shy at first glance but she is fiercely independent as well.

Bodaway is three months and seems to be in the midst of a growth spurt. I can't believe how big he is already.

Cute names!!!!!!!!
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Cute names!!!!!!!!
laughing.gif
Awwww thank you.

oooh my turn my turn!!!

Mario- still a silly heart, I dont think he is going to change, he goes next month to be evaluated by his psychologist, his behavior is out of hand

Willow- being the priness of the house, giving out orders
smile.gif

Trey- being trey
smile.gif
, he is talking alot now, i wish he would poop in potty

Wilbor- his temp name, no name picked out yet, he's moving, I look at my sono everyday, he's cute, lol

Trey and Mario, Mario is Trey's personal donkey, I'm trying to get him out of calling him "donkey" (too much Shrek) they are @ my mom's apartment on this pic

DSCN0361.jpg

I have to check in again. Went back to the dr today and the baby's heartbeat was 180 bpm!

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif For your zygote's age....that's normal Ahem. He's a fetus.
whistling.gif

Back