Do You CCO?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
That is - have you been to a Cosmetic Company Outlet?

Find anything interesting there?

I ask because I went for the first time in Vacaville, CA.

I found Peakocky glitter liner from MAC. I honestly thought that was a hard to get color, but nope. Found it there for $10 bucks. And I saw several things I've never seen before from MAC. All I kept thinking was, "are these past their damn expiration date?" They looked like older collections. Haha.

I'm making a mental note to go back there again. They have this palette I was eying but didn't get because I'm too poor.

I live in PA and I always go to the CCO it's about 15 min from my house. I bought the 224 brush for $17, and a couple of pigments for $12. I always find good stuff in there! Thank God...the nearest MAC counter is almost an hour away from me LOL

I just found out there's one about a half an hour from me, so I'm probably gonna go next week. I'm excited to see what I can find!

Totally check it out. Everything, minus the palettes, where $11-10 each.

Including pigments - which were $12, I believe... at the Vacaville location. Too bad its nearly a 30-40 minute drive from where I live.

I bought a paint there once, and I think it may have been past its expiration. And I dropped a glimmershimmer that I bought there on the carpet and it totally shattered. Does this happen a lot?

On the other hand, I've spent probably $300-$400 dollars there. thats a lot! p

I've been to the Vacaville one and also the Napa one. It is hit and miss.

I actually went to one for the first time on Thursday at Potomac Mills in North VA and it just didn't seem like they had anything interesting. I bought one MAC lustreglass for $10, but that was it...I'm not a big MAC follower, so maybe I overlooked something cool...I dunno

They are building a new outlet mall a few miles away so hopefully they will have one!!! The closest one is a couple hour drive from here...

The closest one to me is about a 2 hour drive. I am contemplating saving up for a big haul, and then going to hit the CCO and then if I have anything left over( :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) go to the MAC store in Seattle. It would have to be a whole day thing though.

Sadly, i dont think there is one near me because i'd LOVE to go. How do you find one?

Originally Posted by -Liz- /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sadly, i dont think there is one near me because i'd LOVE to go. How do you find one? Outletbound.com Not sure if it is just a US only thing though.

i always preferred CCO over the actual MAC store since it's only 20 minutes away and it carry lots of LE MAC items.
smile.gif

cco is a great clearing house for all the old LE and discontinued stuff. i bought a few piggies from the napa location a couple months ago.

Ive been to a CCO but surprisingly i only bought two things. lol I thought i would go crazy but i really didnt.

Some CCOs don't have anything good! Some seem to get all the good stuff. There is one about 30 minutes from my BF, and 1 about an hour away, and another not that far either.

I was able to get Lightscapade at one CCO! I've been seeing Lure eyeshadows, Moonbathe eyeshadows, skincare from old packaging, lots of glosses and holiday stuff.

I've been wanting to go back for the longest time!!! Unfortunately the closest one to me is the Gilroy one and that's like an hour or so away from where I live. The last time I went (my bday last year) I got some lipglasses and an eyeshadow, but I had to return the e/s because it was hard and hard to apply on. I also got a paint. I don't know why I didn't buy the shadestick that was there--I think it was the gold one, I forgot the name. I also remember seeing some lipsticks, mascara, bags, brushes, liners, blushes, and concealers. I really don't know why I didn't go crazy and buy everything I wanted!!! I must've been on a budget or something...LOL. So yeah,I've been wanting to go back for the longest time!

A friend of mine went and she brought a brush set for $30! Argh!!! I need to go soon!!!
smile.gif

From what I remember - they had mostly MAC stuff. Only thing I found interesting.

So for those wondering what... here is from memory:

They had 4 different fluidlines. A green, white, blue and I dunno the other color.

Then they had about 6 paint pots.

4 holiday palettes.

2 glitter liners and about 4/5 liquidlast.

5 pigments (pastorale, viz a violet, some silver one... err the others ones I forgot) they also had blue reflects piggy.

A holidy brush set with the 187/188....

They had a whole bunch of other things in the counter display but I didn't pay attention.

Erm, lip liners. 2 laquers... one is veneer. I remember because a member rec'ed it for me. A lot of lipglosses and all that stuff.

They had those funky lipglosses that has that flower in it. Looked gross imo - dunno the collection that's from.

Those loose beauty powders.

Many face stuff that's in old packaging.

Gah. I'm thinking about that palette I didn't buy, hopefully I'm going to cache creek this weekend and stop by there along the way.

Hoped that helped any one.

I didn't know there was such a thing as Cosmetic Company Outlet. I guess its like one of those branded clothing outlets. Have never been to one, but I've been to massive sales where departmental store cosmetic brands are housed together and the discounts are as high as 40% off.

Back