I'm cured!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, well that's a bit too far but . . . I think I have found the source of the bulk of my health issues.

I have been sick for about the past 5 years. I was diagnosed with systematicc lupus almost 3 years ago. I have had terrible joint pain, I get sick very, very easily, I have hemoglobin issues, extreme photosensitivity, major migraines, unspecified abdominal pain, swollen, hard lymph nodes and am exhausted just about most of the time.

I have had 29 or 30 abdominal surgeries in the past 8 years (I've lost count!) My body was ravaged by MRSA on two separate occasions, a couple of years apart. The last bout nearly took my life. It left me barely able to function and took a year to recover from it. I still suffer from the effects of the previous MRSA infections but, I am MRSA-free which is a good thing!

I have been undergoing a battery of tests, CT scans, MRI's, iron infusions, colonoscopy, endoscopy, x-rays, massive amounts of blood work, blood cultures and the list goes on and on. They suspected that I had cancer. I wasn't surprised as we have a long history of maternal cancers, especially among my first cousins (3 out of 17, so far-- and all were/are young- 18, 33, 37; one has died) So, we were trying to figure out a game plan on how we were going to attack it, should the tests reveal that diagnosis. While waiting for those test results, I finally got in to see a rheumatolgist who, once again, took more blood from me (12 viles to be exact). I knew that I had a B12 deficiency-- my kidlets give me my shots for that (they are fascinated with it all so, the 11 yo, 10 yo and 5 yo take turns giving me the shots)

I waited a week or so to get my results from the bloodwork-- everything came back "normal" with the exception of my vitamin D count. It was 9; she wanted it to be between 40-90. When they told me I had low vitamin D, I thought "big deal! That's not my issue!" She then prescribed me an 8-week course of vitamin d, taken once a week. Next Thursday is my last dose of vitamin D.

Not having a clue about vitamin D deficiencies, naturally I went to the internet to find out as much as I could. Wow, was I surprised that many of the problems I was experiencing COULD BE contributed to that deficiency!! In addition, I found out that the Vitamin D deficiency and the symptoms I am experiencing can many times be related to benign tumors on the parathyroid gland (which are easily removed in a 16 minute surgery!)

I was a bit skeptical, still, because, after so many years of being sick and feeling miserable, what's the chances of something like a vitamin d softgel going to make me feel better? I thought about nil.

I hate to "jinx" myself but, I think I was wrong. I seriously think that for the past 5 years, I've been suffering from a vitamin D deficiency. I cannot tell you how much better I feel. Yes, I still hurt and I still have migraines-- my joints kill me, at times BUT I am able to do things-- activities that I couldn't do previously because I was completely wiped out!

While I still must have a follow-up CT scan for my swollen lymph nodes (in mid-July), I am cautiously optimistic that it will not reveal a malignancy.

So, here's to my hero: Vitamin D. I hope it's solved my issues!

Hugs,

Brandi

fingers and toes crossed B!

that's awesome! I had no idea that Vitamin D could be so important.

I used to have low iron levels also, and seriously, I used to sleep sooo often.. I felt terrible, I'd wake up for school at 8:30, come home at 3:15, and then sleep until 7 when we had dinner. Then I'd go to bed at 10:30! can you imagine! that's as much as a newborn!

yay ! that's great !

ha, iron deficiency, tell me about it, i'm on and off pills and i can sleep like a bear during winter.

I hope hope hope that the cause of your problems is simply vitamin D deficiency. Please let us know how things go.
smile.gif

wow... Your falling apart, girl!! Really hope that's the problem, Brandi!!

Beaglette
smile.gif
I'm really happy your starting to feel better, and finding out more info on what could be causing your symptoms.

I had blood work done recently, and I too lack B12 & Vitamin D and calcium. It's very important to make sure you get proper calcium amounts, while taking vit D, because it helps with the absorption of the vitamin.

Glad to hear your feeling a bit better, let us know how things go for you in the coming weeks!

I was just watching a report on Vit D and backaches. It seems that Vit D does help take away the aches.

Good luck with the Vit D - hope it helps you feel better.

Wow! I can't imagine what all you've been through. I hope that vitamin D is truly good for all that ails you.

thats great that you have found something that works!! I am going through something pretty bad myself and I am really happy that you are getting better. It proves that there is hope!!

Wow. I hope that you found something to help with all your probs. Keep us updated on how things are going. Good luck hun.

Wow, you're doing amazing to be going through all that! I have my fingers crossed that it's the vitamin d deficiency that's been causing all your problems, and that you continue to get better.

i'm sure praying for you brandi! that would be great news! i'm so glad you're feeling better!

so glad you found something to help with most of your health issues. good luck!

Back