What Makeup Colors Would Look Good w/ Leopard Print Dress?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wondering. Since I'm doing my friend's makeup tomorrow. And I know she'll be blinged out in gold jewerly and her dress is leopard print with a sheer black thing or whatever she said.

I dunno about just doing gold eyeshadow. I think that's gold overload, no?

She has fair skin too.

I was thinking of purple with some gold in it. I'm scared of doing a smokey eye on her. Err. Dunno.

Any suggestions?

Hm..since it sounds like she is going all out with the dress and jewelry, I would go with a dark smoky eye or subtle makeup. Maybe just liquid liner and lashes or a soft brown or black smoky.

2455115717_74066e4186.jpg

Here's a nice pic I found with a leopard print dress. I think it will look nice with a dark smoky too, but I wish this one was softer:

bebe680.jpg

Those suggestions that Ash gave you look very good.

I think a purple more like maroon would be a good combo with either black or gold Celly, i did a lady's makeup one time and i used gold and this color in the picture

she was wearing a leopard print dress as well. I used gold in the lower crease and that maroon one in the upper one.

Thanks, Ash/Nury.

That's a pretty combo, nury. I wonder if I have a similar maroon. I think I have a paintpot like that color.

I'mma test the look on myself right now, cus I really am scared of using black and colors like that. Haha.

you could always do a pinup thing, with winged liner and red l/s. thats what i do when i do leopard print.

i'm not sure about the red lips, but winged liner, and the maroon/gold e/s combo sounds pretty. maybe a bronze e/s could work too ?

A dark brown smokey eye would look really good. Purple or pink would really contrast too.

I agree with magosienne about bronze which wouldn't look as overloaded with the dress as gold maybe would, or even copper would really pop too!

Thank you guys.

I tried a maroon look on myself yesterday. No good. And I tried black - well, I'mma just stay away from black on her if I can't even do it on myself. Haha.

I'll skip on wing and red lips - it's not her style, lol. I get the look though, I would personally wear that with a print pattern.

I'm thinking purples. How about like, aqua looking colors? Err. Man. Haha. I got a bit pressure because she told me she has to look hotter than those Asian import models at the wedding, haha.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank you guys.
I tried a maroon look on myself yesterday. No good. And I tried black - well, I'mma just stay away from black on her if I can't even do it on myself. Haha.

I'll skip on wing and red lips - it's not her style, lol. I get the look though, I would personally wear that with a print pattern.

I'm thinking purples. How about like, aqua looking colors? Err. Man. Haha. I got a bit pressure because she told me she has to look hotter than those Asian import models at the wedding, haha.

lol.gif
at the last bit. i think you should do maybe a deep plum smokey eye if you wanna do purples. that would look really sexy with the leopard print in my opinion.

Hmmm...Maybe a smokey purple? And definitely use lashes with whatever color you decide. I think it makes any look more va-va-va-voom...Or maybe a dark blue/aqua smokey eye? Definitely something smokey with lashes. Or maybe you can combine two-- dark blue and plum smokey eye? Like dark blue on the lids and plum on the crease and blended up with a little bit of black on the outer v. I tried this before with deep truth on the lids, NYX burgundy on the crease and blended up, and contrast and carbon on the outer v. Then winged liner and lashes.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got a bit pressure because she told me she has to look hotter than those Asian import models at the wedding, haha. LOL. Don't worry too much, Celly...honestly, like, half of those Asian import models do not know how to put on makeup. With your fierce makeup skills, any color you choose would look hot on your friend. We'd love to see pics when you're done!

Smokey purple it is. Haha. I'mma go with what I know. Thanks, my loves.

I'll prolly add gold glitter or something.

And I'll see if she's willing to have a before/after pictures taken. I wanted to do one of her last time I did her makeup - it came out pretty dope, but she's not the type for pics. Ha.

I was going to suggest bronze and brown but you've already decided. Have fun and let's hope she'll let you take a photo.
smile.gif

I changed it now, lmao.

I'mma do pink with smokey brown. I forgot I have "Expensive Pink" from mac and remembered this look from this one girl who used the color and did a smokey look on it. Looked really nice.

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif you could always do a pinup thing, with winged liner and red l/s. thats what i do when i do leopard print. this sounds great!

I ended up with a gold/smokey brown look - since that's what she wanted.

I added gold glitter and false lashes, she looked HOT!

But, I didn't tell her I wanted to take a makeup photo so no close-ups, sorry :/

ANND my camera is crap, so it didn't capture much of the makeup - but it was heavier looking in person. Ah well. Thanks for the help, folks.

other012.jpg

she looks wonderful! I think if you would have used dark colors like black and browns it would have been a little too much going on since her dress has a lot of black in it. I'm sure your friend was pleased with her look.
smile.gif

Back