• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Discount makeup store - MAC, Shu, Chanel+ for LA Girls

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
EDIT:

Ok, so I got a fake pigment here and notified the owner. He was very distraught. I feel so bad for him.

Anyway, he and his wife went through all the pigments and removed the fakes (I gave him some pointers). I went there today I didn't have time to check EVERYTHING out, but he did remove them.

The guy isn't out to rip people off. He has real items, such as the LE ones, so this is a good place to shop...if you're worried, just stick to the LE items, or open the pigment box and make sure the lid is not shiny.
smile.gif
) P.S. they had for sure real LE pigments like Bell Bottom Blue and Lark About.

I just found out about this place not too far from my BF's house....apparently it sells discount MAC, Shiseido, Estee Laudre, Too Faced, Urban Decay, Prescriptives, Dior, Lancome, Bobbi Brown, Stila, Smashbox, Shu, Chanel, etc. about the same prices as CCOs!

It's called Melody's Makeup Outlet and it's in Alhambra.

I AM SO EXCITED.

I was a little worried that they have fake items, but from what I can see in pics, they have LE items like Solar Bits, Antiqutease, Stylistics.

This video has some info:

This blog post has pictures:

Makeup and Beauty Tips, Tutorials, Product Reviews, and More!: Melody's Makeup Outlet and Haul

and the price list for MAC from yummiebitez's blog:

MAC PRODUCT PRICING LIST (subject to change):

eyeshadow (pot) - $12 (compared to $14.50)

eyeshadow (refill) - $9 (compared to $10.50)

powerpoint pencil - $12 (compared to $14.50)

powder blushes (pot) - $13 (compared to $18)

powder blushes (refill) - $9

foundation (studio fix) - $ 20 (compared to $26)

lipstick - $10 (compared to $14)

lipglass - $10 (compared to $14)

lacquer - $11/12 (compared to $17.50)

pigment - $15 (compared to $19.50)

Here are some more blogs about it:

f-e-i: Melody's Makeup Outlet

Nessasarymakeup.com: MAC PRO Haul

Not too much of a price difference for some, but still great!..and the place is pink and girly!

Well, now that I know about it, I should be going soon, and I'll update you guys on what I see!
smile.gif

i saw this on vanessa's and anne's blog and i've yet to check it out! maybe this week...

Update: Just went today. Lots of MAC , Smashbox, and Too Faced. A few NARS shadows and duos. A few BE items. Some Bobbi Brown. The rest is a very small selection.

I was a little sad because they only had two Shu eyeshadow colors and one Shu blush.

From MAC they had

pigments like Rose Gold, Lark About, Bell Bottom Blue, Emerald Green, Chartreuse,

eyeshadows in pan and pot form like Smut, Brun, Mylar, Blanc Type, Humid, Chrome Yellow, Shadowy Lady

lipsticks - some from the N collection

lipglasses, slimshines

brow pencils, one brow shader

blushes in pan and pot form like Harmony, Peachytwist, Buff

a few new items too! - I saw one Sea & Sky MES, Fresh Green Mix MES, one Gleeful Mineralized blush

A few MAC brushes

Part of the Stylistics collection - 2 brushes, 2 rich metal highlights, 1 lipstick

Yay. I dunno how they're offering the discount, I know MAC doesn't do wholesale or anything, but I don't really care! I hope they stay open!

Wow...that's a pretty good MAC selection compared to the CCO closest to my house...I wish I lived closer!!!
smile.gif

Hey guys...just wanted to update.

I bought a pigment here and it's fake! I am so sad. I am going to contact the owners and bloggers about this now. The LE stuff you find here is real, but I guess there's a mixture of both.
frown.gif

Wow! That sucks Ashley! I'm so sorry! Sounds like a risky place to buy from
frown.gif

Back