MAC's Back2MAC (B2M) Policy Update

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I realized x33cupcake posted this link in another B2M thread, but I figured it needed a whole new thread so it doesn't get lost. I'll make this a sticky soon too, and then we can update as needed
smile.gif

YouTube - Back2Mac Policy Update

Quote:
Back to M·A·C Program
As a part of a pro-environment commitment to recycle/reuse waste, M·A·C recycles its primary packaging through the Back to M·A·C Program. M·A·C encourages our customers to return primary packaging of many M·A·C products to M·A·C counters. This packaging is then forwarded to appropriate recycling centers. By returning six (6) M·A·C primary packaging containers to a M·A·C counter, you will receive a free M·A·C Lipstick of your choice [except for the Viva Glams]. This is how we thank you for helping the environment through recycling.

Most primary packaging of M·A·C products is accepted as Back to M·A·C "currency." M·A·C does not accept the following as a part of the program:

• Secondary packaging of any sort [paper box, plastic/cellophane wrapper, shopping bags, etc.]
  • Samples [sample containers, special/trial size products for promotional/seasonal kits]
  • Cosmetic applicators/tools [disposables, puffs, sponges, scissors, spatulas, swabs, sharpeners, tweezers, curlers]
  • Accessories [bags, belts, makeup cases, lashes, Blot Film]
In addition to our "Back to M·A·C Program," M·A·C uses minimal packaging and recycled paper to paperboard packaging in our offices, manufacturing and distribution facilities. Vegetable-based inks are used for printing whenever possible. At M·A·C we share your concerns about the environment and we are continually looking for ways to address those concerns while providing our customers with complete product satisfaction and safety. Taken from MAC Cosmetics & Specktra

What he suggested about putting pans in the depotted eyeshadow pots so they'll pass for B2M is clever! lol.

I have a palette from The Icing that I was going to take the pans out of to make my own palette with MAC and other shadows...so I can use some of those pans to put into my depotted eyeshadow pots!

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif What he suggested about putting pans in the depotted eyeshadow pots so they'll pass for B2M is clever! lol.
I have a palette from The Icing that I was going to take the pans out of to make my own palette with MAC and other shadows...so I can use some of those pans to put into my depotted eyeshadow pots!

I thought that was pretty clever too!

I think the video is misleading because this can vary from store to store, so the information he got is not definitive, or at least, not completely enforced as of right now.

Originally Posted by Ashley /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think the video is misleading because this can vary from store to store, so the information he got is not definitive, or at least, not completely enforced as of right now. This is true... And I somehow doubt Chris would ever tell me he couldn't take me B2M because it was missing the pan... And he's an assistant manager at my MAC. Alas, MAC is trying to tighten down on a lot it seems. I recently had a friend who lost her Pro card because someone lied about her doing CPs with it, and without even questioning her, they took it! Didn't even care when she pled her case. Honestly, MAC isn't striking me the way it used to.

I had a question if anyone knows. I used B2M for two lipsticks today, and the MUA put a red "x" on the bottom where the sticker is. I read it's because that you can't B2M the stuff you get for free. Does the sticker with the name of the lipstick need to be on the tube if you were to return it to the counter or store? I didn't see why someone just wouldn't peel the sticker off the bottom. They didn't check my eyeshadows for stickers on the bottom of the pots.

I think they put the stickers so you cant return it for a refund? idk

These rules do vary from store to store. If you are friendly with the MA sometimes they dont even look to see if you have 6 items or if you have the metal pan. So it really depends on the MA in my opinion.

As far as I know, the mark is so you can't return it. I've had friends B2M other B2M products with no problems.

I don't remember the stores around here even marking them... I'm going to B2M 12 items and we shall see what they do.

I back to mac my depoted es last month and I received my lipstick choice in the mail. So soon I will be B2M again.

Ok, so I asked a lady at the MAC store and their B2M policy concerning depots.

She said they don't mind no pan in there but there HAS to be the black plastic in the inside included or it won't count!

Even if it doesn't fit in there because of depot - make sure to include everything. I turned some in and she said if I had not left that there, she would not accept it.

I know other stores might be more strict but she gave the impression that this is the overall rule now... I never had an MA telling me the plastic had to be included before.

Oh, and this was a first for me - she let me pick anything off the new collections for B2M too. I've been told before they didn't do that.

The 3 different stores I've been too - they marked the box it came with because it's non-refundable/exchangeable for anything but never the product itself. I B2M all my free shadows all the times I've done.

Do they limit how many you can do at one time? I think I have enough empties for about 4 e/s, and I'd like to do them all tonight. I know that you can't B2M for LE stuff, but is there an item limit? Thanks.
biggrin.gif

I'm going to merge this with the B2M thread.

To answer your question, there could be some stores with stricter managers/employees who would take a limit. But for the most part, there should be no trouble. If you have 36 empties - they should take it. First time I did it, I have over 20.

If you have any concerns, I'd suggest calling in before you make your trip there.

It includes all plastic metal or glass containers from mac, no secondary containers like packaging but the limit, as far as i know is 4 B2M's ( 36 containers) at a time. Also you can have whatever you'd like new or old but you cant get eyeshadow pans.
smile.gif

Back