Cargo Expanding PlantLove Collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
carg1.jpg

"To think it all started with a tube of lipstick! Cargo revolutionized eco-chic beauty when they launched PlantLove, the first-ever environmentally friendly lipstick. Encased in a compostable tube made of corn and plantable (yes, plantable) outer packaging that grows wildflowers once moistened and emerged in soil.

Now, after a year and a half of celebrity and consumer fans craving more PlantLove, Cargo expanded to an entire cosmetic collection—free of parabens, phthalates, petro-chemicals, synthetic dyes and fragrances. Even better? Since there’s so much confusion out there in the world of “natural products,†PlantLove carries the ECOCERT label, which ensures consumers that their products, packaging and process meet the strictest standards for natural, organic and environmentally friendly content."

Includes eyeshadows, liners, and an illuminator. Comes to Sephora Sept 15.

carg2.jpg

carg3.jpg

Beauty And The Blog: Sneak peek: Cargo’s New PlantLove Cosmetics Collection

Wow, I didn't know the packaging was plantable! That's cool!

This new packaging looks like plastic. Is it made out of corn as well? I remember people talking about making water bottles out of corn so they would be biodegradable and wouldn't harm the environment. Or something like that.

The eyeshadows look really pretty, though!

The lipstick tubes looked and felt like plastic too, just like these, but amazingly, they are also made of corn. And, I have a nice wildflower patch in the yard from where I planted the box it came in
smile.gif

I absolutely love the PlantLove lipstick in "Joshua Tree" - it is the first lipstick in my life that I will use up completely. And I'll get another....

Pretty eyeshadows!

So wait, you can plant the box?

How does that work?

Do you just put it in soil?

LOL.

But that's so cool.

I think i'll go buy some of the eyeshadows when they come out.

Thanks for posting! =)

I remember when I first got a l/s from Cargo, I bought it cuz I wanted to plant the outer packaging in my garden. lol
lol.gif

The e/s does look pretty. I might have to look into these when they hit Sephora!

oh they look great! i've been wanting to try the lipsticks for the longest time! but that blush/bronzer looks nice! i'll have to check that out at Sephora.

I would like to invest on the eye shadows. But I spent so much on the MAC minrealized eye shadows that im tight on budge.

Back