MUFE foundations - can someone explain the differences?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to try one, but unsure of which one to try ! Velvet Mat, face and Body, the new HD ... thoughts on best one for oily T zone skin ? Also I am an o40 in Shiseido's foundation ... I have yellow undertones, light olive skin, any thoughts on color to try first would be helpful also. Thank you !

I use Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation. I love it! It has a good coverage and leaves my face matte and I don't get shiny.

Mat+ is great for oily skin, and offers medium to full coverage. Face and Body has a weird consistency...like a watery gel. It offers buildable coverage. I haven't tried the HD foundation.

Sorry, I can't help you with a foundation match since I am not that familiar with Shiseido's colors.

I also use Mat Velvet + for when I want a more matte look. I have an oily t-zone which keeps shine-free pretty much all day if I go the extra step and use a little All Mat primer, too. Plus, Make Up For Ever's "matte" isn't like the old-school dry-looking matte from my mom's heyday... it really is almost velvety in texture. I love it.

I have the Face and Body and a generous sample of the HD foundation. The Face and Body has a very light coverage and has a dewy finish, but you can build the coverage gradually. That foundation is like a more pigmented version of a tinted moisturizer.

The HD is full coverage and has more of a satin finish. Its probably supposed to be matte but nothing stays matte on my face for long. It really does give the face a nice texture and its very light considering how well it covers.

I have the HD foundation & I love it. Its awesome & paring it with the face primer underneath is really nice too. It covers really well and it leaves a really pretty finish when paired with any bronzer. I'd say go for the HD
smile.gif

does mufe break anyone out? im very sensitive and id like to know if anyone has experienced any from their foundations

Thanks everyone ! I think I am going to go to Sephora and see if they'll let me take a sample or two and try it before purchasing since it is $40.

OK, I tried the HD foundation, got some samples ... I am having a hard time getting my right shade ! I tried 123 and 127 and they both leave a finish that washes me out.
frown.gif
Back to Sephora .....

Originally Posted by AnitaNa /img/forum/go_quote.gif does mufe break anyone out? im very sensitive and id like to know if anyone has experienced any from their foundations I haven't had any problems with MUFE breaking me out, and I know that MAC foundations really broke me out bad. I'd say it's definitely worth a shot!
smile.gif

I just started using th MUFE HD foundation and powder and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, it!!

My life is complete
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Back