Shine foundations!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there Ladies!

I have a lot of matte foundations and I want to add some shine to them without grinder.

a good friend of mine said to me that I need to add mica or boron ..

what color do I need to add and when I can buy this stuff?

I want to make the mixing in jar with shaking.. this is possible?

how can I do it? what do I need to add to my foundation without to chage the shade?

sorry about the a lot of questions.. and thank you!

Simha

HI Simi, you are very good, you can ask all those question which I never think of......
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Ashley /img/forum/go_quote.gif They sell some of base powders and additives including mica and boron at TKB: Base Powders and Additives such as Talc, Sericite Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Boron Nitride, Magnesium Stearate and more . . . : TKB Trading, LLC: Pigment, dye, mica and colorants for natural cosmetics and soap;

mica: Sericite Mica : TKB Trading, LLC: Pigment, dye, mica and colorants for natural cosmetics and soap

boron: Boron Glow : TKB Trading, LLC: Pigment, dye, mica and colorants for natural cosmetics and soap

Hi Ashley and thank you for the answer. what do you think it will be the best for mixing in shaking?

the mica or the boron? can you tell me about this materials please?

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm a mineral make up Queen!! LOL
l'm just kidding!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

The uncrowned queen
laughing.gif
. Have you ever counted how many jars you have altogether? I'd love to see a picture of all of them
11a.gif

I have a lot of photos in my vox.

but, my vox is open to my nighberhood... and I promiss to send some photo to this bord.

I have a lottttt of!!! I will never count because its to many..

what can I do? addicted.. :)

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi Ashley and thank you for the answer. what do you think it will be the best for mixing in shaking?

the mica or the boron? can you tell me about this materials please?

Mica won't give you much adhesion, and to get it to shine, you'd need quite a bit. Then it'll end up lightening your eye shadow color. You'd want a large particle sized boron - like TKB's Boron Glow. The larger a particle is, the more sheer it is as well as has more shimmer to it. Boron also has adhesion properites that just plain mica doesn't.
Oops- brain dead. You're asking about foundations, not eye shadows! Duh... now you'd want the smaller particle sized boron, unless you really want to GLOW big time! TKB's silk mica (not silk powder, but the silk mica) also gives a nice glow to it.

I just received my order of Lumiere Silk Radiance and it gives a glow/slight shine.

Originally Posted by Scooter /img/forum/go_quote.gif Mica won't give you much adhesion, and to get it to shine, you'd need quite a bit. Then it'll end up lightening your eye shadow color. You'd want a large particle sized boron - like TKB's Boron Glow. The larger a particle is, the more sheer it is as well as has more shimmer to it. Boron also has adhesion properites that just plain mica doesn't.
Oops- brain dead. You're asking about foundations, not eye shadows! Duh... now you'd want the smaller particle sized boron, unless you really want to GLOW big time! TKB's silk mica (not silk powder, but the silk mica) also gives a nice glow to it.

Hi Scooter!
xmas.gif
thank you!

If I understood correctly did you mean to silk mica ? is the best choice?

Either the silk mica or the boron. They will give different textures as well. The boron has more adhesion in it, and will give a smoother feel (greasy isn't the right word because that sounds like a bad thing, but kinda oily like that - but in a good way). The silk mica will take more to give the glow, doesn't add any adhesion (but if the foundation you're using already has good adhesion, that's no problem), but feels super soft, like silk would. But silk powder has no glow; just silk mica. It has no silk in it; it's just used for the description of the texture. You can order a sample (or even an ounce; it's very inexpensive) of both and see which one you like best.

Sometimes, I use Meow's cat glow powder mixed with my finishing powder to have an all over shine without looking like a firefly... I just use that instead of my usual finishing powder (silk dust)

Works great!!

thank you very much girls.. I need I'm going on TKB.. and I will take some glow and gold mica silk and boron glow.. and I will mix it with my foundations..

thank you so much!

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif thank you very much girls.. I need I'm going on TKB.. and I will take some glow and gold mica silk and boron glow.. and I will mix it with my foundations..
thank you so much!

Just a word of precaution so you don't ruin a bunch of foundation- add slowly small amounts so you don't change the color too much. No matter what you use, if you use too much, it will lighten the foundation. I'd hate to see anyone waste good MMU
flowers.gif

Back