Suggestions for very pale shades wanted!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've recently discovered Everyday Minerals and although I've already found a couple of HG products I haven't really found a foundation match. at first I thought Cool Fair was it, but the sample I tried was in the semi-matte formula which I soon discovered didn't have much staying power. so I tried the other formulas and even though I like o-glo it's simply too dark. same goes for matte and intensive which in addition were too drying for my dry-combo skin and emphasized dry patches as well as fine lines, making me look 10 years older.

Cool Fair is EM's palest shade in the cool family. Buff Fair Neutral is the lightest of all EM's shades and in fact a little too light right now (but I do get even paler in winter.) also, it looks a bit grey on me. I think I need a cool undertone.

Does anyone have suggestions for other brands that offer fairer-than-fair shades with cool tones? Also, I don't want a completely matte formula and I definitely don't want bismuth or other potential irritants. I've tried BE, Philosphy Supernatural, Isadora and L'Oreal mineral foundations. all of them irritated my skin and none of them offered anything near a good colour-match.

Sorry for the long post! Thanks in advance.

Fyrinnae have some very light shades. They also have some mixing powders that you can add to foundations to make them lighter.

Here:

~Fyrinnae~

Their "Diamond" shade is the foundation base with no colour added so you can use it to lighten other foundations.

thanks for replying! I did look at the fyrinnae store but found the shades a little confusing. as far as I could tell Opal was the lightest cool-toned shade but it looked darker than the palest neutral shades. I'll take another look at them. Alima also seemed to have a decent selection of pale shades but I've read some posts here where people say their formula is matte which makes me think it might be too dring for me.

phew! I've placed orders for samples from aromaleigh, meow, and lily lolo in their lighter shades. with meow shipping was cheaper for 15 samples - $20 total, so while I don't think I actually "needed" that many it turned out cheaper than ordering fewer samples and paying $15 for shipping. aromaleigh requires you to order for a minimum of $10.

I just couldn't be bothered to order from fyrinnae since shipping takes ages. I will if none of the samples I order turn out to be right.

I can't even remember the names of all the shades I ordered - the palest and second-palest shades with cool undertones mostly. and loads of blushes and finishing powders etc etc. hopefully there'll be SOMETHING I can use!

I am also very, very pale. I started using Silk Naturals about 6 months ago and it is my HG for foundation. SN sells white and colored bases and you mix your own foundation match. They have a forum where you can post a photo for color suggestions from the experts. Mixing is easy and the foundations are pretty inexpensive compared to some companies. Silk Naturals- Pure Mineral Makeup - Silk Naturals

I also used Elegant minerals for a bit, they have some very pale shades also. I did find the foundation to be a bit heavy and needed extra buffing.

I agree with missditsy. Try Meow they have a lot of pale shades. Especially if you order the flawless feline formula, but that is their heavier coverage formula. I'm not sure if it will dry you out. I have dry skin, but it works great on me.

edit: Sorry I'm a retard. I didn't realize you were the OP missditsy lol. You will probably be happy with most of the Meow shades.

I am on a foundation hunt myself and are very fair. And have so far not found what I am looking for. Please tell when you see something interesting.

I think Cory have a very pale shades. the shades runing very light than the monitor.

the power staying is so great.. and I highly recomend to mix it with glow powder.

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think Cory have a very pale shades. the shades runing very light than the monitor.
the power staying is so great.. and I highly recomend to mix it with glow powder.

Wow simi. I just had a look at cory's site because I see that you keep recommending it. Their sample prices are GREAT! Only $0.35 a sample.

Originally Posted by an9el3md /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow simi. I just had a look at cory's site because I see that you keep recommending it. Their sample prices are GREAT! Only $0.35 a sample. great foundations!but pay intantion please. the very light compare to monitor.

thanks everyone! if none of the samples work out I see I have plenty more options to try. in the meantime I've mixed up 6 EM samples: 4 pots cool fair (I had one in each formula) and 2 buff fair neutral. quite a hotch-potch. it's not bad - better than cool fair alone, maybe still just a little dark. I really hope I find something that I won't have to mix, though.

looking at all the mmu sites I found some interesting stuff. I've just ordered the empty palette and pressing medium from coastal scents and will try pressing some of my e/s , concealers and blushes. I'm a real clutz though so I might make a complete mess of it. right now I have a drawer full of little jars and it would be nice to have the things I use most in one place
wink.gif

Alima has some very light shades! I thought I was as fair as they come but Alima's 0 shades are too pale for me!

I second Cory - LOADS of light shades, very creamy powder, and a little goes a long way!

I have very pale skin (to the point where I constantly get asked if I'm feeling ill). I finally found my shade in Lily Lolo's Porcelain foundation. Not only do I find it great for my eczema prone & acne prone skin, but it really makes me look a lot healthier
smile.gif

I too used EDM for several months & realized none of the shades looked right on me, unfortunately & I think I tried every shade they had that could even be remotely close. Also, I feel it dried my skin out more. I am now using Alima & feel it is really good for my more "mature" skin that tends to be drier & I have lines which it does not accentuate them. It feels so creamy on me. I love their blushes & ES too.

I like Archetype Cosmetics foundations, they also sell Snow White (white foundation base) to people, who feel that the fairest is not fair enough.

MAD Minerals Fair is a little bit darker and has less ingredients.

I recommend Meow and Silk Naturals. Meow has ultra-light shades for any undertone(s); and Silk Naturals sells a colorless base (called Ivory) that you can use as the base for your own custom shade or as a lightener for a foundation that seems almost right, but too dark.

Both companies make a great product; Meow foundations are a bit more matte than Silk Naturals.

ETA - PS: Hi MMUgurl!!!
wink.gif

Back