Purple eyebrow liner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been searching for the perfect brow liner for a long time. I have so many that look odd on me. My eyebrows are black black, yet kind of sparse. My natural hair is brown and now its dyed burgundy and blonde.

So I've tried:

black - made me look wayy too dark

brown - did not fill in the sparse areas well enough

tawny- once again didn't fill in the sparse areas

gray - too dark and makes my brows look way too black.

so I tried a purple lipliner that I never use (drugstore brand) and wow my eyebrows look fantastic. It's not a bright purple, it's pretty dull and dark, but its definately purple.

But on my brows it doesnt look purple (only exception is the ends, where I bring out my brow a little. It looks purplish.) The rest of my brows look filled and natural, but not too dark.

I plan on using this purple from now on and draw on the ends with a light brown softly so it looks natural.

Am I just going crazy?

2zr0spl.jpg

e2b2_1.JPG

color is grape soda

I say if it works do it. Your brows look great. In the sunlight do they have a purple tint?

I think they look fine. Not too purple. Rimmel used to have an eyeliner pencil called chianti which was similar, a cross between brown and a reddish purple, so if you can find it, it's another option if you change your mind about this colour
smile.gif

my mom didn't notice anything and she always points out when things dont look natural on me.

Pinksugar - thats interesting. I have pinkish undertones in my eyebrow area so it makes sense that it would work.

My eyebrows are grey and sparse. I use Anastasia's pencil in Ultimate Brown and I find that it works best when my hair is red, reddish, brown, or highlighted. When I died my hair black, I notice that a grey-ish black or a soft black pencil worked better.

If the purple works, use it!

It looks good! I can see what you said that black would be too harsh on your light features. I may try this, I've had the same problem.

I'm glad that it's working for you. And if it works, then it works. That's all that really matters.
smile.gif

hey gal...this sounds interesting...if it looks great on you than go for it as long as you like it.

Back