My First Two Brushes!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm kind of excited.

After not really having brushes to go along with my make up, it got sooo frustrating because those sponge applicators just weren't giving me the results i wanted. and up until today, i've been using those stupid things.

Today I went to Walgreens with my BF, and in the cosmetic aisle there were these brushes.

I got two Salon Collection ones.

a "Detailer Brush" for 5.99

and a "brow definer" also for 5.99

slightly more expensive than others, but cheaper than MAC lol

if anyone knows which im talking about, more if you've tested them, was it worth my money?

I mean I've tried them and they seem okay but they're my first so I dont have anything to compare to.

I haven't tried those particular ones, but I just wanted to say, aren't the results SO much better than sponge applicators?!

I remember I was using them for so many years and the difference when you switch to brushes, wow!

YES!

omg it was so magical

especially since I only wore eyeliner today so i put on some eyeshadow to try.

Soooo much better than sponge applicators.

im just wondering if theres anything better thats of equal or lesser value.

i hear the ELF ones are good, but I currently don't have access to an online store. lol

Say it with me -

The applicators that come with the makeup are not worth a.... darn.
wink.gif

So anything you got in the way of brushes or applicators is an improvement.

I like my Sephora brush set.

I like the q-tip type applicators for eyeshadow.

Actually the eyeshadow q-tip thing I use came from Target, it has a white handle and cost $6. I don't care for eyeshadow brushes myself. Alright I have never even tried the eyeshadow brushes.. [prepares for lecture]

ehh anyways

yeah when you get the brushes with makeup, just throw them away, the 1 inch handle bites.

Coastal Scents has a wide variety of brushes, for really good prices. I have a bunch of them and they are a really good value. My favourites are the italian badger brushes, but I also own a few sable brushes and they work very nice for the price. I also find that natural hair bristles seem to deposit color more vividly.

If you are just starting your collection I would recomend getting:

If you want to add to your haul I'd also add a duo fiber optic stippling brush, an eyeshadow blending brush and a liner brush.
I've included the link so that you can see examples of what the brushes look like. You can also use artist brushes that you buy at the craft dtore as makeup brushes, see Koren's video on YouTube about using artist brushes: Here

Welcome to the addiction
roflmao.gif

those sponge applicators should be banned...lol

I only use them to try the shadows

I have a brow definer brush which I love but it doesnt say the brand, all I know is that I got from CVS and it's black

Thanks Roxy for the tips and recommendations

I'll be sure to check them out.

My birthday's coming up so hopefully I can get money on the credit card lol

Back