What is your absolute HG finishing powder for combo/oily skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I hope someone can help me. I am looking for the best finishing powder for combo/oily skin. I have an oily T-zone and am looking for a finishing powder that really absorbs oil well. I have tried Fryianne primer powder, SN primer powder and several others. The best I have found is MAD Minerals finishing powder, and even then I still have to blot after lunch. Has anyone had any luck with anything else? Or any tips for what to try. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cindy

i have combo/oily skin and i'm looking for a good finisher too

i've just tried EDM & SN finisher

i like none of them, EDM is too powdery and SN made me break out
frown.gif

Have you tried using a non powder primer underneath? That may help as well.

Honestly, I use silicone powder and love it. It makes my skin look flawless and I only have some oily breakthru on nose after about 4 hours, quick touchup and I am good to go. I have thought about mixing it with silk powder to see if I get even less oily, but so many people have problems with silk powder that I am reluctant to mess with a good thing. LOL!

If you like matte looks, i like Lily Lolo's flawless matte, although the translucent powder is my favorite. I haven't really tried many brands, and by far those are two products i love. Hope that helps
smile.gif

Also try using a primer under, sometimes it's better to combine two products rather than one. I also like to apply a coat before applying my foundation, and one coat after.

usually I like a glow finishing powder, but when I need a good absorb oil I use in the spootlight of CORY'S. that is great!

I use Joppa Minerals Sheer Finishing Powder and love it! It keeps my shine at bay all day. I usually use it with my full coverage Joppa foundation (their foundation actually has a tiny bit of Kaolin clay that helps keep me matte, as well), but it works awesomely when I use it with my other MMU, too.

I find the more products I use to absorb oil, the more my pores excrete natural oil to compensate what I'm taking away from it. Less is more for me.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you tried using a non powder primer underneath? That may help as well. Hi Adrienne,
Yes, I have tried 3 different non-powder primers. So far, still oily in the T-zone. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Cindy

Hi Sunnisusie,

I have tried the CVS brand of silicone powder and still have an oily T-zone. I am thinking to try pure silk powder as a primer and see if that works, just don't have any at the moment. I'm glad silicone powder is working for you.

Cindy

Originally Posted by sunnisusie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Honestly, I use silicone powder and love it. It makes my skin look flawless and I only have some oily breakthru on nose after about 4 hours, quick touchup and I am good to go. I have thought about mixing it with silk powder to see if I get even less oily, but so many people have problems with silk powder that I am reluctant to mess with a good thing. LOL! Hi Simisimi,
Thanks for your suggestion. I am going to get a sample of this and see how it does.

Cindy

Simisimi100 wrote:

"usually I like a glow finishing powder, but when I need a good absorb oil I use in the spootlight of CORY'S. that is great!"

I switch between pure rice powder, lauress' oily skin finishing powder and meow's. I don't know if it's just me but I find if I rotate that they work better for me. They're all great though.

I know a lot of people use rice powder and it's cheap at the drug store. That might be a good option for you to try.

I did love EDM's and Lumiere's flawless but have switched over to Earthen Glow Minerals Botanical Silk and love it.

I have very oily skin. I have found, for me, that wearing only foundation is the best. My MMU stays MUCH better without any rice powder (I use to use this before foundation) or finishing powder.

I love my Aubrey Nicole MMU even more, now that I dropped the "extra" steps.
smile.gif

I will add that I've been doing the OCM for almost three weeks. My oil is much more controlled due to that too, I think.

Back