Do You Like Being The Center Of Attention?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you like being made a fuss out of and being the center of attention?

My mum LOVES a fuss, she likes being in front of people. The bad thing is she also expects other people to be like that.

I think i'm in between shy and out-going, if that's possible. I like talking in front of people and making people laugh but when it comes to things like birthdays when I'm the main focus then forget it.

I just get so embarrassed and with my birthday coming up I cringe at the thought of a birthday badge or a baloon or banners with everyone looking at me.

Last year I went for a meal with my friends and family for my birthday.

I ended up sitting in a chair with birthday baloons tied to the back and with a huge birthday badge pinned to my top. I was coping surprisingly well and then they brought out a cake and everyone in the place sang happy birthday even though I didn't know about 90% of them.

I know they meant well but MAJOR cringe!
icon_eek.gif

So do you like being in the spotlight or in those situations do you wish the ground would swallow you up?
tongue.gif

Ooh I'm the one cringing and blushing madly if I get all the attention. I'm naturally a shy person.

I'm not shy, but i also don't like being the center of attention at all. If i get the attention its ok, but i try to avoid being it. I just don't like the feeling lol.

I'm always out there in front.. Getting the attention. Think its more having a big mouth. Lol. But I don't mind it.. I'm not one to just set there and pussy foot around the issues.

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not shy, but i also don't like being the center of attention at all. If i get the attention its ok, but i try to avoid being it. I just don't like the feeling lol. that's how I am...definitely not shy but I don't always want a fuss made over me for my birthday, etc.

it depends on why people are paying attention to me. sometimes i want to disappear from people but i really prefer just one person paying attention to me. if they all are, it is just weird feeling. its awkward. hah

i'm between shy and outgoing too! if i'm with my friends, i don't mind being the centre of attention, but i hate it with new people i don't know!

i was talking to my friend about this the other day actually. i see myself as a happy medium between introvert and extrovert, and she thought i was a complete introvert and came across as really quiet! lol it's so funny because i was thinking i'm super loud! apparently not lol. so now i'm making more effort to try and act more how i see myself in my head.. it's so weird how you can have totally different conceptions of yourself!

I'm shy and discreet,so NOT under the spotlight. The best way to describe myself is in the shadows, but still close enough to get some light.

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif Do you like being made a fuss out of and being the center of attention?
My mum LOVES a fuss, she likes being in front of people. The bad thing is she also expects other people to be like that.

So do you like being in the spotlight or in those situations do you wish the ground would swallow you up?
tongue.gif

Do we have the same mom? lolI'm not shy in front of my friends but when I'm with people I don't know, I'm not comfortable

I'm not shy at all! However, I'm not an attention 'whore' either. That just annoys me. I very easily make friends and have conversations very easily too.

I think I am the same. I like talking and making people laugh, too, but hate being trully center of attention at birthdays or celebrations for me. I didn't plan my 18th birthday until the day before and even then I only invited two friends and my step sister over for the night. My mum wanted to do something big - but I was resistent enough for her to give up...

I'm an in between-ner too. I like the attention from my family but at school or with friends - I rather blend with everyone else. I get too caught up and tongue tied when I feel everyone is looking at me and face burns up and heart pumps like crazy, all the unnecessary adrenaline. Haha.

My birthday isn't a big deal unless someone is purposely embarrassing me. I'm use to the attention on my birthday - what I don't like is sharing my birthday attention. Haha. Such a snob like that but for the past 22 years of my life - March 18 has been MY day. Bah ha. It's a hard thing getting use too...
wink.gif

I'm between shy and outgoing, depends on my mood. I don't like being the center if attention. If someone pays attention to me I'm okay with it but I would rather blend in.

I am rather shy and reserved in person and don't like being the centre of attention in real life.

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm always out there in front.. Getting the attention. Think its more having a big mouth. Lol. But I don't mind it.. I'm not one to just set there and pussy foot around the issues. That's me also!!!

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I get too caught up and tongue tied when I feel everyone is looking at me and face burns up and heart pumps like crazy, all the unnecessary adrenaline. Haha. Same here and I hate it. I'm a really shy and reserved person so when the spotlight is on me I get really nervous.

Originally Posted by MissBGlam /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sometimes...it really depends on what am I getting the attention for. Ditto! Although most of the time I prefer to sit back and sort of observe. Depends on the situation. My birthday I don't have a problem with. After all, it's my birthday!

I'm also shy and dont feel confortable being the center of attention at all, I remember dreading the day of my baby shower just for the fact that all eyes were gonna be on me...lol

It depends! lol.

If I'm feeling confident, I like it when people pay attention to me.

If I'm feeling self-conscious, I'd rather people ignore me. lol.

Back