Want whiter teeth, does anyone know what works

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, everyone I know this place is normally for makeup but I thought you guys might be able to help me. I want to whiten my teeth but I don't know what product to use.

I checked out a few different inexpensive ones like white strips, but they don't work and they make my teeth really sensitive. I went to my dentist and he said that he could do it for about $800. I can't afford that.

Anyway, I found this site:

They seem to think that Ivory white is the way to go. And they also offer a free trial, very tempting. What do you guys think?

site isnt showing.....But wat i use is listerine whitening mouth wash, and then i use a whitening toothpaste after it....brings my teeth back to that pearly white color

My dad has really white teeth, he's never whitened them before, he just uses baking soda to brush after or before toothpaste.

I bought some crest whitening strips and it has worked well for me. I have not compleated the pack as I feel they are white enough now as is.

I was noticing my FOTD photos and my teeth were yellowing and if you look at my current FOTD pics (click here) there is quite a difference. I got my first compliment last night.

Crest whitestrips work like magic. You can pick them up on Ebay for around $30 I have used them 3 times. I use them every year and a half to two years because I am a freak for white teeth. I get so many comments"you have the whitest teeth I have ever seen". I highly suggest you try them out!!!!

Originally Posted by Sarah Afshar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hydrogen Peroxide mixed with lemon juice and baking soda. Add enough baking soda to form a paste and brush your teeth using this mixture a few times a week. Use a whitening based toothpaste, but also use this hollistic regime. It's affordable and in due time, you will see results. Good luck! yes this is a good inexpensive way to whiten the ingredients are pretty much what is in some of the expensive stuff..

AVOID TEA, COFFEE, ALCOHOL & TOBACCO

yuck.gif

Brush your teeth every morning & every night before you to bed & use Hydrogen peroxide is probably the most common and popular natural lightening agent.

my dentist has recomended my getting a sonicare toothbrush for whitening...i got one on ebay for way less than retail.

DO NOT USE lemon juice.....waaaaay to acidic for your teeth....it will do more harm than good. it will erode and weaken your teeth.

also use baking soda in moderation.......very abrasive and it will cause sensitivity with long term use.

hydrogen peroxide is fine to use.

OTC white strips are fine .

polishes are very abrasive and will only work on surface stains.

Originally Posted by dentaldee /img/forum/go_quote.gif DO NOT USE lemon juice.....waaaaay to acidic for your teeth....it will do more harm than good. it will erode and weaken your teeth.also use baking soda in moderation.......very abrasive and it will cause sensitivity with long term use.

hydrogen peroxide is fine to use.

OTC white strips are fine .

polishes are very abrasive and will only work on surface stains.

It's okay to drink lemon juice, just make sure you either brush your teeth, try some gum or drink a glass of milk right afterwards
wink.gif

My tip would be KLEAR ACTIV or ZOOM if your dentist has it.

Back