What Digital cam/web cam do you have?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So far,I have a Microsoft life cam. and I hate it.I'm searching for a better one.My birthday is coming up in a few weeks so I'm going cam shopping.Any suggestions?What do you use now?can you give me an example of one of your videos/pics? so I can see the quality and clearness.I want one for...portfolio/youtube purposes.It would be perfect to have an all-in -one cam.

Mine's a Canon Ixus 75.

I usually only use mine for art coursework and make-up stuff so it's a good camera for that sorta stuff.

It has different settings on it but it's not that great at taking pictures in clubs or dark rooms. If you just want it for make-up stuff though it's a great camera. It picks up texture and stuff really well.

Example of a picture:

Picture1047.jpg

I'm not sure about the quality of videos though, I've never recorded a video on it.

I used to have a Nikon LS8 but on Saturday I got the Canon Powershot A sum sum (I hafta go check when I get home)

And I miss my Nikon... It took such clear shots w/o me having to read the manual. This other one has noise in it...

My webcam is a Logitech sum sum (again, i need to go check). It's ok. Nothing too fancy

My web cam is a Creative Labs laptop camera and its not bad.. My digital camera is a Sony CyberShot DSC-W1 5 mega pixels... and it takes great photos and movies.. Pricey.. think my wife paid over $500. Was my birthday present.. And we probably could have gotten it for less..

Geez your wife basically purchased a basic laptop lol lucky though...I hear sony digital cams are good and I'm seeing a lot of recommendations for the cannon.I don't know which to choose....

I've seen the olympic around and I've had a few logitechs.

let me know which Powershot you have when ya get home.So I can go check out the right ones
biggrin.gif
HEHE

I have a Nikon Coolpix S50 and I can use that for videos and then I have the webcam on my HP Laptop.

The Nikon takes really clear videos, I was surprised I even made a video at a bar this past weekend and was surprised at how clear it was in a dark place. It takes amazing pictures that are very clear and it's really easy to use.

camera is either my iphone 3g which is a 3mp cam or i have a fujifilm finepix camera ds-5800 i think it is..its not bad does the job lol...just wish i could get a cam that pics up the tru color of the makeup...

My webcam for the laptop is a microsoft lifecam its not bad...but cant use it for tutorials as its a bit grainy....

But i have a Mac 24" pc and has a iSight camera built in it

Originally Posted by FutureCStylist /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nikon Nikon Nikon.I'll remember that name....
what are the price ranges?

Mine was about $350 2 years ago, I think they're still about the same.

I used to have a Coolpix but I broke the lens..I now use a Kodak Easyshare and I am by no means any expert photographer

I had a Casio Exilim 7.2, until my mom broke it =( My web cam is built into my computer, which is an Apple.

Back